LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unhappy

Unhappy

Iím not asking for advice really. I donít think there is any advice anyone could give me and if Iím being completely honest I doubt I would take any advice offered to me anyway. Iím just here to vent really because I have no to talk to.

I found enotalone 12 years ago when I was feeling lost and heartbroken. Iíve been on a downwards spiral since then. Cutting people out of my life to the point that now I only speak to my family. I donít have a job and canít see how I ever will. I feel pathetic and worthless. Iím unhappy. I feel like every part of my life (friendships, relationships, career) are non existent and I feel too weak to change it, I donít know where to start.

I wish I knew how to get out of this rut and become the person Iíd like to be.

Platinum Member
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough time.

Are you receiving any sort of professional help? It sounds as though you're suffering from deep and prolonged depression, based on the snapshot of your life you provided here. Are you currently living with family as well?

Thank you for your response.

I live with my mother. I am not receiving any sort of professional help. I spoke to my doctor about 10 years ago about feeling unhappy and like I had no purpose. I was really difficult for me to admit and ask for help. He suggested I joined a youth club or volunteer. I didnít feel that was particularly helpful and didnít know where else to go for help. Since then I have been ignoring how Iíve been feeling and trying to carry on as if I am normal. At the moment I am struggling to do that but I expect in a few weeks I will go back to pretending I am ok and not change anything about my life even though I should

Go to a doctor and get help.
    Originally Posted by Dodo
    I found enotalone 12 years ago when I was feeling lost and heartbroken.

Originally Posted by Dodo
    Thank you for your response.

I live with my mother. I am not receiving any sort of professional help. I spoke to my doctor about 10 years ago about feeling unhappy and like I had no purpose. I was really difficult for me to admit and ask for help. He suggested I joined a youth club or volunteer. I didnít feel that was particularly helpful and didnít know where else to go for help. Since then I have been ignoring how Iíve been feeling and trying to carry on as if I am normal. At the moment I am struggling to do that but I expect in a few weeks I will go back to pretending I am ok and not change anything about my life even though I should
    Why would you rather pretend and stay miserable than go get the help you need and work on fixing and making your life what you would like it to be?

Go to the doctor and tell the truth - that you have had a crippling case of depression for the past decade. Don't try to gloss over it or minimize it as "unhappy" because that's like saying your broken leg is just a little sprain.

Platinum Member
    You need to get a to a doctor for your depression.

You say you dont want advice but you would not be here if that was true. You need help from a therapist to get out of the huge rut you are in. Do you really want to live the rest of your life like this?

Are you unable to hold down a job?

Ah thank you all for your replies.

I am a very private person, I keep my thoughts to myself and find it very difficult to open up. I really am trying here even though it makes me feel uncomfortable.

What stops me from going to the doctor is fear. Although I am unhappy with my life, I know it. It is difficult to explain, I want change but I am also terrified of it. And to be honest I donít see what a doctor can do to help, it isnít going to magically change my life and give me a job, friends and a relationship... but maybe thatís just part of being depressed that makes me think that way?

Iím sorry if I am being incredibly frustrating not listening to your advice.

I am in the Uk, I donít think itís easy to get a therapist of any kind. I donít know.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice