How to approach a shy girl who I think likes me...

blacksmith3

There is a girl i've had a crush on for a few months now, its actually (this is where it gets complicated), my old boss/very good friends granddaughter... I have drinks with him every Friday... She recently moved in with him I'm 26, she's 21... Around Christmas time, I started to think she likes me back...When we are having beers in his garage, she just comes and hangs with us, doesn't say much to me, but blushes and giggles when I do talk to her and treats me different. I mean why would she come and just sit with us and play on her phone. Its like she wants to be around me, but pretends like she isn't interested at the same time. Her grandma came and asked her last week why she had makeup on and she got all embarrassed, maybe she wanted to look prettier to me?

My friend/old boss would love it if I dated her.. So i'm not worried about the whole "dipping the pen in company ink thing".. But I don't know what to say to her, because she is shy and I don't want to just ask her out in front of her grandpa either.. I've thought about sending her a friend request on facebook, and maybe communicating that way a little bit. I normally would have no problem asking a girl out. I haven't felt this way about a crush in a real long time... I also freeze up a little around her, but I'm pretty good at playing cool. Any advice would be appreciated. It was just me and her in the room for even 5 minutes alone, I'd feel much more comfortable talking to her. Maybe social media is the way to go, break the ice a little and then maybe in person she will be less shy/open.

I wouldn't tip toe by taking the social media FB route.

I agree with Wiseman2. Ask her out for a casual "let's meet at Starbuck's" type get together. Find out about each others personality and character over time, use your gut, perceptiveness and observation. You really don't know her yet and she likewise.

Start out as good acquaintances, friends and see if you two can develop into a relationship. Take baby steps. Haste makes waste.

^I've never had a serious relationship, but i've been the one asked out, the small ones i've had. I was shy when I was younger, i'm still quiet but now I can talk to anybody, so I'd have no problem asking someone out.

I know she's shy because other people have told me that about her before. I've known her a long time, but never saw her that much up until the last few months.

^I've never had a serious relationship, but i've been the one asked out, the small ones i've had. I was shy when I was younger, i'm still quiet but now I can talk to anybody, so I'd have no problem asking someone out.

I know she's shy because other people have told me that about her before. I've known her a long time, but never saw her that much up until the last few months.

Take it very slow! Despite shyness, enjoy a casual get together and make it easy. A great ice breaker is a an intelligent, witty sense of humor as people never forget how you made them feel. That's one of the many attributes which made me fall in love with my husband. He always made me laugh. He didn't engage in goofy, dumb, silly humor. He was amazingly clever and made me chuckle. :D Also, always remain low key, modest, poised, humble, well mannered, gracious, kind, pleasant and have applomb. Most people love those traits.

So just an update... Long story short, my ex boss/friend is an electrician. His guys who are also very good friends are wiring my sisters house.. I stopped by after work to see how they where making out... I never mentioned her, but they both started saying she had the hots for me. So I think i'm in the clear... Then the subject got changed so that's as far as it went. But maybe this Friday will ask her out.

Archived