Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Age really matter in a relationship?

Does Age really matter in a relationship?

I met this guy that I really liked on bumble, but there is one problem I am 16 and he is 20.I know I should not be on there because my profile says I am 18 and anything can happen, but I was really looking for someone 18. We are only four year apart, which is not that bad when you think about it. Moreover, he wants to take me out and the only way he can do that is if my parents know. I cannot keep something like that from them. How should I tell them? When should I tell them?

You're putting yourself in danger with your fake profile.

Please either delete your profile or tell your parents what you're up to.

Platinum Member
    Please donít be using dating apps right now. Thereís a reason itís age restrictive. A predator could easily take advantage of you being so young!

Platinum Member
    At your age, yes, age matters. A lot.

I also don't think he would be too happy to learn you are lying about it.

Please, don't use dating apps yet. You're not experienced enough to see around corners and know what sort risk you're taking at such a young age.

Apparently your parents failed to teach you that lying is selfish and disrespectful. It shows that you don't care about manipulating other people as long as you get your way. That right there makes you bad relationship material and shows that you are not mature enough.

If that guy had an ounce of common sense he would drop you for your lack of integrity the minute he found out. If he didn't, then he is bad news and you risk paying dearly for your lying and your own lack of common sense. If you get yourself in trouble, you will only have yourself to blame. As most adult online dating sites, Bumble is full of people looking to get laid and not everyone is noble enough not to take advantage of your stupidity. Get off bumble.

Four years may not be much once both people are 20+ but at 16 the gap IS substantial. There is a reason why there are laws forbidding this in Western societies. Minors are not mentally fully developed yet and the law tries to protect them from being taken advantage and getting hurt.

You do need to tell your parents BEFORE you meet this stranger or any other stranger. Be open and hear them out.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Yeah age does matter. Does he like prison?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Not only are you LYING to him have you heard of rapists, human trafficking, covid19 etc etc etc. Put your thinking cap on.

You have to be 18 in order to create an account on bumble, so you are not complying with the terms of service. Some people would call lying like this catfishing.

You are lucky this guy told you to tell your parents and declined meeting. If you delete your account now and stop chatting with young men over 18 you won't have to tell your parents.
    Originally Posted by Titanium000
    I met this guy that I really liked on bumble, but there is one problem I am 16 and he is 20. he wants to take me out and the only way he can do that is if my parents know.

He's not breaking the law, you are. You have no business being on a dating app. Dating apps are for adults, and you ain't one.

Yes, age difference matters as does lying.

He's already a man and while you're still a very young teenager. Date someone your own age or better yet, take a pause given the COVID-19 pandemic and stay home. Better safe than sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice