Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Iím at a loss! I could really use some support right now.

  1. #31
    Platinum Member reinventmyself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,993
    Gender
    Female
    My sis in law broke her shoulder. It was work related. 18 months and 2 surgeries later shes not improving. Workers comp is even worse, if it's possible. After battling the system she finally gets an MRI. Still unresolved ligament damage and shes so over it she's decided to live with it.
    Other than the cost? I dont understand the resistance, especially in light of the unnecessary damage delay of treatment causes.
    Hope this behind you soon.

  2. #32
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,873
    Gender
    Female
    Ouch! Iím sorry about your sister in law!

    I take it MRI is last resort then. Back in November when they spotted the mass on CT scan they should have done MRI. I wouldnít have been put through a potential bladder cancer scare, cystoscope, and referrals to three different gynecologists.

    I had the pelvic MRI Monday to find out the results say the exact location of the mass and itís just outside the bladder. It was never in the bladder or on the ovary. Those results would have saved time and doctors appointments if done in November.

    Regardless Iím here now waiting for the adrenal MRI results.

    Iím happy they did the MRI but I share your frustration and Sister in laws frustration. Sometimes MRIs are needed first before surgeries or procedures. Itís just insurance wonít cover itís last resort before they will.

  3. #33
    Platinum Member reinventmyself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,993
    Gender
    Female
    It just doesnt make sense. Delaying proper treatment leads to more problems which end up costing more. I'm no scientist, but it just seems obvious.
    Inexcusable they've let you go this long.

  4. #34
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,013
    Gender
    Female
    Stay strong, I hope this thing has quick conclusion.

  5.  

  6. #35
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,873
    Gender
    Female
    Update:


    The gynecologist oncologist called me with the MRI results and said she can remove the mass next to my bladder for biopsy. I also did the genetic testing just waiting for insurance to approve it. If the genetic test comes back positive she wants to also remove my remaining ovary!

    Good news is to her the mass doesnít look like Cancer! So itís not immediately the surgery because of the Corona Virus.

    Iím just relieved Iím done with this cancer scare! I have answers finally and surgery in a month or so!

    Thank you all for your thoughts!

    Lisa

  7. #36
    Platinum Member catfeeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    22,857
    Gender
    Female
    Thank you for your update, Lisa. I've been thinking of you during this time, and I'm so glad to hear that your surgery is considered doable but postponable. I doubt that this would be a time you'd want to venture into a hospital, and I'm happy that this isn't viewed as life threatening.

    (((Big HUG)))
    Cat

  8. #37
    Platinum Member Jibralta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4,899
    Gender
    Female
    That is good news.... although you do have a biopsy coming up.

    I really hate to be a downer, but it makes me wonder if cancer is completely ruled out.

    Do they have any idea of what the mass could be?

    Here's hoping there's not yet another 'twist' to this story and that you are truly free and clear of cancer.

  9. #38
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,873
    Gender
    Female

    Hey

    Thanks for your response.

    The surgeon thinks itís a benign growth but will biopsy to make sure.

    Iím praying for an end to this chapter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •