LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far away

Far away

Hello everyone, hope u are all doing well.
    Here's my situation, i'm in a two years relationship, ups and downs, some conflicts, a lot of love and warmth too.
    In may, i'm going to have a traineeship far from my country, which will get me so far away form my boyfriend for four long months. The simple idea of us apart for this long breaks my heart, yeah we do talk on social media, but we're not as connected as when we're together face to face, we spent a lot of daily time with each-other.
    This traineeship is a golden opportunity for me, and he has been fully supportive and lovely and accepted it, but i'm scared from being far from him :(
    Could u guys give me some advice and how to deal with this please.
    Thank you so much 💕

What are you "scared" of? Are you scared he will cheat? Stop loving you? Forget about you? Or are you afraid to be far away on your own?

4 months is 16 weeks, a short time in the grand scheme of things. Go take your course, talk via social media and whatsapp. It's a good test of the strength of your relationship. It'll be over before you know it.

Sounds like an excellent opportunity. Go and enjoy. Don't worry about him. Think about finally ending things since it's been on/off and very tumultuous. Give yourself the gift of freedom from him.

Is this the same guy?: [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by Riri2019
    H
    Here's my situation, i'm in a two years relationship, ups and downs, some conflicts
    In may, i'm going to have a traineeship far from my country, which will get me so far away form my boyfriend for four long months.

Yes it is the same guy.... And things are better now we talked a lot with honesty.
    I can't say that everything is perfect now, but i trust him and i wanna fight again.
    I'm scared of being without him during that period :(

Maybe it's time to be more honest with yourself. The problem is that you don't trust him and thus the fear of what he'll do when you are away.

Relationships, good ones, are not this difficult or filled with this many issues and conflict. Maybe being away from each other will actually give you some better perspective and allow to do what you should have done a long time ago - let him go. Healthy relationships do not need you to "fight for it" because you simply get along easily already.

Yes it is the same guy.... And things are better now we talked a lot with honesty.
    I can't say that everything is perfect now, but i trust him and i wanna fight again.
    I'm scared of being without him during that period :(
    What do you fear will happen when you're without him?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    What do you fear will happen when you're without him?
    Mostly getting close with other people... And forgetting me!
    Being tired or over working and not giving me some of his time to just talk.
    A lot of things i guess...

Mostly getting close with other people... And forgetting me!
    Being tired or over working and not giving me some of his time to just talk.
    A lot of things i guess...
    There's also me... I'm scared of myself, of letting go of the attachement i have with him because distance broke it.
    I'm scared of the consequences that might happen

There's also me... I'm scared of myself, of letting go of the attachement i have with him because distance broke it.
    I'm scared of the consequences that might happen
    Well....what exactly would happen if you do let go?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice