Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Highly emotional after Valentines Day

I'd avoid those movies, especially near/during your period lol.
    I have a playlist of cute videos and the like to watch during that time. I watch animal videos, reunion videos, old ads ( still cry every time at a Folgers ad, so yeah, totally get that anything even my little pony can make you tear up).
    Basically, give yourself an outlet for the emotion that you know isn't going to feed into a path you'd rather not go down.

As for Christian, I agree with everyone else and think they have that covered!

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Forgive me if this comes across as blunt, but the impression I am getting is that you are very thirsty—like wandering-the-desert thirsty—for romance.
    You're right. I mean, we just clicked so well on Valentines Day, and he's honestly become the kind of guy I've always dreamed of having: handsome, sensitive, mature. (How could I not stop thinking about the new Christian??)

Think it's possible to take a few deep breaths and tone down the thirst a bit? You will, I suspect, thank yourself later.
    It won't be easy, that's for sure. Christian also said that maybe I would thank him down the road.

That way you guys can do, in 2020, what you didn't have the maturity to do in 2012, which is explore a romantic connection with some intention instead of playing hide-the-salami in the gray zone. What, exactly, will it be? Where, exactly, will it go? Time will answer those questions, not the screenwriter of your beating heart.
    When he visited the second time I told him I couldn't stop thinking about him since his visit and he said the same to me.

I'm sorry, but it is a bit self-absorbed and disrespectful to say that it's "pretty obvious we have love now." That is your story, not his.
    He agreed to be my boyfriend and told me he loved me. How is it self-absorbed of ME to say that our love is obvious? (He did say he said those things on a whim, spur-of-the-moment.)

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    I'd avoid those movies, especially near/during your period lol.
    I have a playlist of cute videos and the like to watch during that time. I watch animal videos, reunion videos, old ads ( still cry every time at a Folgers ad, so yeah, totally get that anything even my little pony can make you tear up).
    Basically, give yourself an outlet for the emotion that you know isn't going to feed into a path you'd rather not go down.
    I have found that watching scary movies with a strong female protagonist takes my mind off the sad-nostalgia-issue I have instantly. No complaints there, lol.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    A couple of things. It’s not caring or a good strategy to pressure someone to do something with you the person doesn’t wish to do for whatever reason. And if you convinced him you wouldn’t know if his heart was really in it. You want someone to be enthusiastic about being with you. Don’t you ?
    It seemed his heart was in it, though. As I've said, he said he has feelings for me.

Should I apologize for saying "forget it" and jumping into a relationship with him so quickly?

Why are you in such a hurry? You sound almost desperate.

With all due respect, you are perceived as controlling and wanting to call all the shots.

If you wish to keep Christian in your life, yes, you should sincerely apologize for impulsively saying, "Forget it." Never give ultimatums otherwise the other person will call your bluff and you'll live to regret it.

Separate your movie watching from real life. Christian will age and grow old just like the actor and everyone else. Actors are just acting and then the director says, "Cut!" Be realistic.

Puppy love is short term infatuation and when boredom sets in breakup occurs. If you want enduring love, take it slow and don't rush nor be in a hurry.

If Christian wishes to take it slow, take him up on his offer and take it slow otherwise the deal is off the table.

Christian is wise for taking it slow. He's remaining cautious with you for good reason. The vibe everyone is getting including Christian is that you're very flighty and insecure which is enough to scare anyone away!
    Last edited by Cherylyn; 02-25-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Why are you in such a hurry? You sound almost desperate.
    I wouldn’t say desperate. I just got ahead of myself.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    If you wish to keep Christian in your life, yes, you should sincerely apologize for impulsively saying, "Forget it."
    I did. He and I agreed we both got excited after seeing other after awhile.

Separate your movie watching from real life. Christian will age and grow old just like the actor and everyone else. Actors are just acting and then the director say, "Cut!" Be realistic.
    Omg I can’t thank you enough for saying this!! Whew, this made me feel soooo much better! #BigHug

The vibe everyone is getting including Christian is that you're very flighty and insecure which is enough to scare anyone away!
    I wouldn’t say I’m insecure. As I said, he and I both got ahead of ourselves, he just realized it before I did.

What do u mean by flighty?

Originally Posted by TulipWriter
    I wouldn’t say desperate. I just got ahead of myself.
    I agree with the desperate description.
    Not only that but I would have assumed you were a teenager relaying a first crush! You have all these feelings wrapped up with Hollywood stars & movie plots.
    Take a breath and chill. He sounds like a lovely man who will run for the hills of you keep pushing him for committal.
    Being a FB couple means nothing in the real world

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Videos

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice