Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had this best day with my EX & child.

Had this best day with my EX & child.

We split 10 month ago officially after 8 long years and a 4 year old baby girl. She ended it because I was unfaithful. To many lies from me, I needed to grow up tbh. I hit rock bottom, and built myself back up. I feel like Iím a man after that experience.

We just got back from a day out with the daughter. We donít do this often but when Our days off during the week merge, Iíll always see if she would like to take our girl out.

Well, it was fantastic. Everything felt natural, and thatís because Iím over the breakup for the most of it.
    I made her belly laugh, and snort. Not seen that for a long time. And also some physical contact. I carried her over obstacles, we collided into each other down slides and ended up on top of each other a few times. Iíd call this flirting, at least from my side. And it felt good. Like, she wanted me to chase her sometimes. Felt like being kids again it was so refreshing.

Trouble is...sheís in a committed relationship. Has been for around 8 month now. She loves him, and I believe her. And I know they talk marriage and kids and moving on together, all that normal stuff. The guy is cool, and is very involved with my daughter now. Which Iím happy about now.

She made a joke on the way home. He walked to her house (doesnít drive) and itís like at 30 minute walk at least in pouring rain and snow. Very committed I said. She said itís a little excessive of him. First time Iíve ever really heard her mock him even if it was gentle. I joked back about how heís storming to her house now, knowing weíve all been together for the day and thinking frantically about how he can get one up on me when heís got time with her tonight. She laughed, like real hard.

I feel like attraction is building between us, thatís what I believe this is. Possibly because Iíve let go now. And it took so long to get over the breakup.
    I will add...I do love this girl. Sheís important to me and I will always take care of her. Seeing us together having fun brings back fond memories, we havenít laughed together like that for years. It was nice to be apart of it.

For the record. Iím moving on with my life, as is she. I actually am enjoying my life now. Iíve changed so much.

What do people think is going on here?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by lonewolf1991
    Two old friends catching up.

Excellent co-parenting.

That you still have a thing for her and are hoping that she still has a thing for you.

Silver Member
    It's awesome that you can do this for your child. Just remember that you two tried to have a relationship and things didn't end well. If she is in another relationship, you need to respect that and give her that space. But I totally agree that you and she can and should be friends for the sake of your child.

So being playful is not a sign of flirting and attraction in this instance?

I would say no, it's not a sign of attraction, but rather a sign of a woman who's happy with her partner and is co-parenting with you and getting along with you but not behaving in the way you're hoping.

Consider her a friend and that's the best you can hope for.

Platinum Member
    Eh, not enough to assume she wants you back, no.

What if she was flirting? That would mean she is at least thinking about cheating on the guy she's in a relationship with. Do you just not care about that as long as you think you can get her back?

Silver Member
    It didn't work the first time. It is probably more a sign of comfort with you than anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Can Facebook Destroy Your Marriage?

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice