LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Ex reaching out nearly 2 years after

Platinum Member
    I think she uses her depression as an escape from real life and treating people with respect myself.

Good for you. Keep her blocked. On Everything.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ninjabib
    She comes back to you because you are the only male with low enough standards to tolerate her nonsense ultimately.

I don't think this is true, she's an attractive girl and I know she has other guys in her life.

The reason I think she comes back is because I was her longest term boyfriend and yeah, she knows I still cared enough to talk about her issues.

Originally Posted by jeremiahsain
    I think she uses it as a distraction from the depression/life but quickly gets bored and recycles, although this last one apparently left her.

update: I've now blocked her, the last straw was (after I ignored one of her messages) her saying 'I know you don't like this guy (a dude who tried to kiss her while we were together) but he gets my mental health issues and I really need a hug so that's why I'm meeting him'.

Couldn't really believe what I was reading and it made me a bit sick. She absolutely knew I'd hate seeing that as I despise the guy.
    Well.....finally. Now be sure she is blocked on everything. All social media, apps, e-mail, etc. Complete purge.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ninjabib
    I think she uses her depression as an escape from real life and treating people with respect myself.

Good for you. Keep her blocked. On Everything.

Probably true and depression was something she blamed a lot for the way she acted when we were together.

She's blocked on everything now, I think a moment like that was what I needed tbh. Just something so low and out of order that I can't even understand the point of saying it.

Platinum Member
    Physically attractive or not. She's no idea how to treat someone right. Hence her other relationships failing in quick succession one after the other.

Terrific.

Hopefully this was a little, needed hiccup to be able to see things clearly. She sounds like someone who can serve you very well as a model of what you don't want from peopleónot romantically, not platonically, not cordially.

Without minimizing whatever her mental health issues are, what you're describing is also pretty baseline immaturity. Indulge it and make it a mystery, and all you do is hamper your own growth and stunt your own maturity.

Platinum Member
    Everything is always someone else's fault with this girl. Bad traits to have. In a few months time of radio silence you will look back and be so glad that you are rid of her.

Bronze Member
    Worth mentioning that this guy she mentioned seeing is also her best friends ex, and as far as I'm aware she hasn't told her friend about it at all. Just in general doesn't seem to have any sense of how other people feel.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, unfortunately I was very stubborn about it and probably did need the shot in the bloody arm that was the message. Again, one of those you just read over and over because you can't actually believe someone has written that and then thought it's ok to press send.

Platinum Member
    Did you also delete her contact info?

You definitely have a blind spot when it comes to her.

The blocking is a great start. Be sure to also delete her contact info and unfriend and unfollow and then block her from all messaging and social media platforms. Do the same with her parents, friends and other family members.

She wants to use you. So make sure she can't.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice