Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex engaged a month into new relationship!

Ex engaged a month into new relationship!

My ex and I were together 6 years. We broke up and he got into another relationship with a 22 year old he is 18 a month into that relationship they got engaged they have now been together about 3 months. Is it a rebound?

So you two were dating since he was 12?

How did you find out this information?

And an 18 year old being "engaged" is kind of funny all on its own. I presume he has a full time job and his own place?

Oh I found out because he pretty much shoved it in my face. He does have a job but he stays with his dad.

Good luck to this guy who is jumping way too fast into a relationship with this girl and being engaged in 3 months. They barely know each other. Of course it's a rebound and likely to fail. Plus he lives with daddy...

Hey,

I feel what you feel. I'm sorry... and that ing sucks. If you're looking for some advice, here it is:

Sounds like a nasty breakup or relationship. Doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing, or if he does, and is not doing a good job being a communicative person about it. Either way, it's not good for you is it? He's clearly doing things that make you hurt. At least for right now, he might not be in the right mindset to be a good person to you.

Obviously, you could fear the worst, and it might be true, or it might not. Either way, make sure to take care and love yourself.

Stay strong,

P

most times we generally are not in control of our behaviour after a breakup, things can turn ugly disrespectful and communications can be very difficult, you see a side of your ex which you never had before. Your best option is to take care of yourself, your well being, so find the courage to focus on yourself, eat well, go out with your friends, family do what you love to do. Cut him off until you feel better and all these things dont bother you anymore. Stay strong!

Originally Posted by Rebecca22
    My ex and I were together 6 years. We broke up and he got into another relationship with a 22 year old he is 18 a month into that relationship they got engaged they have now been together about 3 months. Is it a rebound?
    I suspect he was seeing her while with you and they've actually "been together" a lot longer than 3 months. Your ex sounds like an idiot at 18. Be glad he's her problem now. Engaged at 18 to a 22 year old? pffft.

It's best to walk away rather than hope "it's a rebound" and he'll come back. Get out more. Focus on school, grades, getting into university, sports, clubs, groups and other interests. Hang out with your friends. Do all the things that being stuck 6 yrs (since he was 12?- was he even through puberty yet?) have prevented you from.
    Originally Posted by Rebecca22
    My ex and I were together 6 years he is 18 . Is it a rebound?

Yeah, it would be highly unusual for a guy to be with only one woman from age 12 forward.

It's actually healthy for him to explore.

Yeah, I'm sure it hurts you but as a young woman, your future is ahead of you.

Oh he has explored we had a couple months break at one point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice