He replies to group chats but not to me

brittlynnh

I've been with my boyfriend (the only one I've ever had) for nearly 3 years. We plan on renting an apartment together for college so I want to make sure we both want to be together an equal amount. I always feel like I care more but, he says that it's just because he doesnt know how to express himself, he's big on masculinity and doesnt understand that being romantic and loving doesnt make him less of a man. Theirs a group chat we're both in that he replied too. Yet, he didnt reply to my text before that. I even sent one after because I figured he was on his phone, and he didnt reply. Hes done this before and we've talked about it but he does stuff like this all the time. When I bring it up he's all apologetic but then turns arround and does it again. Am I overreacting for worrying about it or should I be worried? Most people would say he was cheating or something but he gave me a promise ring a month ago. Is he just being a dumb teenage boy or does he really not care?

Forget worry, is this enough for you? Personally I don’t think is unreasonable to want a partner who isn’t just doing you the courtesy of replying, it’s not even effort because they like you and love engaging with you. You don’t have to settle for someone who doesn’t make you feel loved

Have you met in person? Why bother communicating in a group chat if you can communicate directly? Do not live together at college. Get your own place with your own housemates/roommates. Stop telling him how he "should" be. Stop bombarding him with texts.

You should be more concerned with getting in the best university you can, how to finance it, college sports, clubs, groups you can join etc. Focus on your grades. If you have to keep explaining to a boy how to be romantic, how to communicate etc you are incompatible and much too dependent and clingy.

Ask your patents to take you to a therapist so you can sort out this clingy behavior and dependency.

I've been with my boyfriend (the only one I've ever had) for nearly 3 years.Theirs a group chat we're both in that he replied too. Yet, he didnt reply to my text before that. I even sent one after because I figured he was on his phone, and he didnt reply.

Never make major steps like moving in together if you don't feel 100 percent confident about it. So you say is not "loving." Isn't that your number one must-have for a boyfriend? Otherwise, he may as well just be a buddy.

Many relationships that start in youth don't last. People often outgrow the relationship. You feel as though you're more into him than he is of you. That should never be the case when you're choosing a longterm partner. Giving you a promise ring doesn't trump all of the negatives in the relationship.

You need more life experience before finding "the one." For now, be single, because you need to find out who you are solo before ever being able to find a good companion. Concentrate on college studies without the distraction of a guy. Join college clubs. Have fun being single. I loved my college years. Stressful, of course, keeping up with studies, but found a little time to join the ski club and went on one ski trip with the group, and was invited to a party now and then. Good luck in this new chapter of your life.

Never make major steps like moving in together if you don't feel 100 percent confident about it. So you say is not "loving." Isn't that your number one must-have for a boyfriend? Otherwise, he may as well just be a buddy.

Many relationships that start in youth don't last. People often outgrow the relationship. You feel as though you're more into him than he is of you. That should never be the case when you're choosing a longterm partner. Giving you a promise ring doesn't trump all of the negatives in the relationship.

You need more life experience before finding "the one." For now, be single, because you need to find out who you are solo before ever being able to find a good companion. Concentrate on college studies without the distraction of a guy. Join college clubs. Have fun being single. I loved my college years. Stressful, of course, keeping up with studies, but found a little time to join the ski club and went on one ski trip with the group, and was invited to a party now and then. Good luck in this new chapter of your life.

THIS.

If these types of things are bothering you, you are NOT READY for a serious relationship. Yes, he is being a dumb teenaged boy. And you are being a typical teenaged girl.

Archived