ex gf turning up at my "hangout" places

So bit of a background story. Me 36M Her 29 F, together 5.5 yrs. Broke up a year ago - Jan 2019.

Broke up with me cos she was cheating on me emotionally and physically (kissing no sex) just before we ended. She was out seeing him while still with me. Im pretty sure they arent together anymore or things never escalated beyond maybe sex after she broke up with me. Guy was a player and did not want to commit according to some of my friends.

Found out, wished her a good life and blocked her and no contact since.

I got into a relationship two months after and am still with the new girl.

Funnily enough, lately shes been turning up on a weekly basis to my hang out spot (a bar). I go there on a weekly basis even while i was still with her. At the time, she always said she hates that places and "its full of old single men etc etc" and wouldnt go with me. Last saw her, i was just leaving and she caught a glimpse of me and my current gf.

I dont want to get back with her but WHY is she hanging out at pretty much the only place i hang out at?? I pretty much dont go anywhere else but this particular bar.

I am not an expert, but it sounds like she is hovering and trying to get back into your life. If you are happy with your current GF, no communication with this girl, unless she is harassing you and you need to tell her to stop and be completely transparent w/ your current GF.

I had one do this to me, after we broke up, she all of a sudden got involved in ALL of my hobbies, it was really weird. She would contact me with these epiphany emails and one where she said she almost died. I ignorantly took her back and guess what, it lasted about a month before i got tired of reliving why i broke up with her.

Sorry to hear this. Do you live in the same area? Have you completely deleted and blocked her and All Her People from All your social media and All messaging apps? How would she know you would be there at that specific time? Was she there with the new guy? Unfortunately she can go to whatever bar she wants, so if she shows up attend to your new gf and ignore her presence.

Broke up a year ago

I got into a relationship two months after and am still with the new girl. Funnily enough, lately shes been turning up on a weekly basis to my hang out spot (a bar).

This has happened to me. And honestly, I was kind of flattered mixed with pity for the guy. I had a new boyfriend and he was my priority.

If I came face to face with the ex, I'd say hello in an " idc to talk but I see you" kind of tone, no smile ir anything.

Where i did screw up, i didnt tell my current bf and someone else did. "a good friend" took him aside and said, "you know that's her ex?" Caused a dumb fight. I should have told him but, I didn't think how it'd look to him. And then that fruend telling him, while we're drinking... bad night. lol

But after that, we would see my ex everywhere and it just became a joke. Some times we'd ignore it, some times we'd leave.

So just stay true to your new girl. Your ex has every right to be in a public place. It makes her look kinda dumb and desperate, but hey some people are... i know for myself, even if I wanted you back, I would not show up at your regular hang out. At least not alone! lol

Archived