Do employers automatically reject candidates who were previously rejected?

MrsWise

So I applied for a cleaning job online months ago about 8 or 9 months give or take. We had a phone interview...after the interview, the recruiter sent me an automated email stating that they chose another candidate to fill the position and wished me luck on my job search. On their website there was an option to re apply in 3 months. Now 8 months later i re applied on their site. I worked for another cleaning company right after but left because their hours wouldn't accommodate with my other job.

I felt confident this time around since i gained more experience. So I submitted my application again and i noticed the interviewer was a different person. When it was time for her to call, i didn't receive a call. So i called back the support number then they sent me a link to reschedule. I was able to pick the same day later on in the day. I waited again with no call. When i emailed them they said, they tried calling but it went straight to voice mail. I was dumbfounded since my phone had been on the whole time. I reschedule again and resubmitted my application. The interview was booked with a guy this time. Again I waited and no call came in. I emailed them again and they said the same thing. We tried calling you but your calls went to voice mail. I asked them if i can call them instead but i got no answer.

I asked my sister and she was able to go through. I also received calls from my physio and they came through. So i emailed them again and told them i reapplied and the phone should be working. The lady responded and said thanks for applying again but we regret to tell you that we chose another candidate for this time. Wish you with your job search. I responded to the email and expressed how disappointed I am and thanked them for their time nonetheless.

Another recruiter responded who is the guy and said when I figure out why calls are not coming through, I'm more than welcome to apply and that communication is biggest part working with them if they can't contact me, it won't work. so I created another account using a fake name and my texting app number and applied on their website just to see it will work. then I set up the interview using the number and sure enough the lady called and left a voice mail. Then 2 weeks later, I decided to re apply under my real name and used the same texting app number. when I checked 2 hours later, my application status was closed which means rejected. But the status on the fake profile is still open with an option to rescheduled the phone interview

so I emailed the guy back who told me that I can re apply and told him that I changed providers and got a new phone. then I resubmitted my application and set the interview on his days because he seemed more lenient and understanding than the lady I was happy when I saw the status of my application approved. they even sent me emails as reminder for our interview. so I thought they were actually going to call this time. juts like last time, they didn't call. When I checked my application status 5 minutes after the scheduled time for the phone interview, it was closed/rejected. does it sounds like I'm still in their database and realized it after but decided to turn me down easy? now I'm not sure if they even called my original number in the first place :upset:

I worked for another cleaning company right after but left because their hours wouldn't accommodate with my other job. This actually might make them think that if you left shortly after being hired, that you would do the same with them.

When there is barrier upon barrier with anything, to me, it's just not meant to be, and I figure my fate lies elsewhere. I'd move on. I know when my husband was laid off, he would be upset when he didn't get certain jobs, but then the job he ended up getting was far better than the ones he was rejected for. Sometimes things happen for a good reason that you will later be thankful for.

There are numerous cleaning jobs posted on every job site you can find. I'd start looking elsewhere.

Yes, I'm going to move on and the reason why i applied for this company is, they have evenings unlike the other company. most cleaning jobs are 9 to 5. I have another job that i'm casual so i give a day availability at my primary job so i need something that offers evenings so the hours won't conflict

I recruit staff and sometimes spot the name of someone who's applied previously. Generally, if I rejected them the first time I'm unlikely to choose them as a viable candidate the next time unless they have gained more relevant experience and/or put more effort into their application. Sometimes applications and the CVs that accompany them are TERRIBLE. If you have applied before then it might be useful to incorporate a covering letter that explains why you would make a good candidate and why you left your previous job so quickly. Tailor your CV to better match the job requirements (but do not lie/exaggerate). It might be, as it is with the roles I advertise for, that the employer receives literally hundreds of applications and it's a sad fact that there are likely to be others whose CVs really stand out or whose applications better promote the person's abilities.

Not necessarily. I was rejected four times and the job I ended up with was far superior to the four rejected jobs. I thought those four jobs were great and it turned out that the employer who accepted me gave me the best job by far. Sometimes many doors close before a bigger and better opportunity arises. Patience and faith will pay off. Many times rejections are a blessing in disguise because something much better is waiting for you.

• 2 months later...

If i have 4-5 really good candidates and only one position available, I keep the info of at least 2 people that stood out to me in case the new hire ultimately doesn't start for whatever reason (background check, they were called back to their prior job) and will call the next person up to 2 months later and find out if they are still looking for work). If you are trying to work for a large cleaning company that has such an automated process and is not a mom and pop, they probably look at the hours you said you are available and it might be that they don't work for the clients they have in your direct area and based on what hours other employees currently working want. I would look at a different type of side job and look in the paper for smaller companies hiring where you are more likely to get to talk to someone right away.

Archived