Does she know I'm into her? Should I stop?

Hopelessnick

There's this new girl at work for 2 weeks so far. We're both 24. I'm really quiet and haven't talked much to her so far.

On the first day, I added her on Facebook and she accepted immediately. On the second day, I invited her to like a facebook page of mine and she accepted me immediately again.

I know she loves cats, so on another day, I tagged her in a cat video. She replied to it immediately and a few seconds later, came to me to ask me a question. She also said "Thanks for the cat video! I loved it." but she said it in a way the whole office would hear it.

In the morning we have a meeting where we connect to people through the TV. Yesterday it was just us two in the meeting. It started at 9.15am but she waited until people started talking before entering the room.

At the end of the meeting, I said 'well looks like it's just the two of us.' She didn't respond. Maybe because she didn't hear me as I'm softly spoken.

I then changed the subject to cats. I told her there's always a couple of kittens outside the back of the office, but they run away from me cause I'm a cat repellent. Also told her I have a cat which belongs in a museum cause i can look at it but can't touch. I thought I was funny, but she just smiled. She talked about her 2 cats for a bit. During the whole conversation though, she started packing her things up to leave the room while she talked and listened.

Later on in the day, she asked me a question. I emailed her and she replied "awesome" with a cat emoji.

We then didn't talk until the final hour of work where we were the only 2 people left in the whole office.

She told me she was looking for places to rent. I asked her if she found anything good yet, and she said nothing that suited her. I told her about the time I lived with the boss when I was looking for a place. Told her the colleague she replaced lives opposite the boss. and told her about the time the wind blew the boss's bin over and the other colleague picked it up, but I took a photo of it, sent it to the boss making the boss think it was the colleague's fault. She said that's funny, but didn't laugh.

I also told her about this place I looked at and how the previous renters smoked meth in the garage and accidentally blew it up. She said "Oh. I know all about that! I watch heaps of Breaking Bad!" I said, "Well I watch a lot of Masterchef, but I'm still a bad cook.

While later, she said she was brain dead, said goodbye and left.

That evening when I left work, I saw the kittens I mentioned earlier. I took a video of me calling them over and them running away. Sent it to her on facebook messenger. She's seen it, but didn't reply.

So where does that leave me? Do you think she knows I'm into her or has a feeling I am? I won't see her till Wednesday now. Is it going to be awkward?

Cheers guys. Sorry for the long read.

Who knows? That’s part of dating, finding someone you click with. It takes a lot of tries with a lot of different people before something does click, and then you see if there’s anything else there worth pursuing. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn’t. It’s a graduated process of elimination. Doesn’t sound to me like anything is clicking between the two of you. As someone else pointed out, the workplace is not a good place to find people to date. Try looking outside of your workplace for people you might have something in common with. It eliminates the possibility of putting your job on shaky ground.

Do you think she knows I'm into her or has a feeling I am?

Probably.

I think you should tone it down a bit.

You sound kind of funny, but all of that attention (and all of those cats) might be overwhelming.

More importantly, it may be unwelcome.

Give her some space. Get to know her. Don't bombard her.

Find out what her feelings are towards you. Stop rushing things.

Probably.

I think you should tone it down a bit.

You sound kind of funny, but all of that attention (and all of those cats) might be overwhelming.

More importantly, it may be unwelcome.

Give her some space. Get to know her. Don't bombard her.

Find out what her feelings are towards you. Stop rushing things.

It'll be awkward next time I see her. What do I do. She'll be thnking about the video, I'll be thinking about the video. I don't get why she didn't just respond in any way. Even just a thumbs up!

Try not to overwhelm and bombard her with stories, anecdotes, social media stuff etc. Leave her alone. She is new and just trying to be friendly and fit in. Give her room to breathe and be friendly but more professional.

Keep in mind sexual harassment can take many forms including this much intrusion and unwanted unanswered personal communication. The workplace is not a dating site or singles bar. She goes there for a paycheck, not cat videos or to amuse you.

There's this new girl at work for 2 weeks so far.

That evening when I left work, I saw the kittens I mentioned earlier. I took a video of me calling them over and them running away. Sent it to her on facebook messenger. She's seen it, but didn't reply.

Stop trying to impress her/ lure her with cat videos. Just be normal and treat her like anyone else. The more relaxed/confident you are the more comfortable she will be to talk with you...so far it's just friend zone stuff that's going on. And ya she has a sense you like her more than just a coworker so back off a bit. Is there a chance? Who knows. The key thing to do is to not push it. You start getting all up in her biz, trying to be in her space and all that, it becomes creepy.

It’ll be awkward to you because you’re turning it over in your mind about what she thinks about it and making assumptions. She didn’t think enough about it to respond either way, so that’s your answer. It’s best to put it in the “not interested” category and leave it at that. Mixing your personal and professional life is a bad idea imo and can really backfire on you if things take a bad turn. It’s best to leave your livelihood and your love life in separate compartments, imo.

Archived