Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ex unblocked me after 5+ years

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jay98
    I haven't checked up on him, he was on my timeline for the first time in years. We have a lot of mutual friends so it's not exactly easy to miss. It prompted me to check other social media because I didn't know if FB just unblocks people automatically after a certain amount of time.

I don't want anything to do with him and won't block him unless he becomes a problem. Right now I'm getting on with my life and he's getting on with his and I have no issues - so I won't block because that comes across as a bit petty imo after all this time. UNLESS he strikes up conversation or starts snooping on me (looking at stories etc where I can tell).

I don't think about him from one day to the next, I just got a bit concerned because he moved so close to my family that even THEY got worried. I don't want this to be another step he takes to potentially weasel his way into my life. If things stay normal I won't care, but I will block if anything comes of this.

In short, I'm indifferent if there's no intent behind it. I haven't blocked anyone on social media because I don't feel the need unless they're harassing me and so far he has not.
    You are not indifferent, or you would not have created this thread.

He will not know that you have him blocked, and even if he did, who cares!

I think you need to be honest with yourself, you are not over this guy, and love the connection.

We only are responsible for our own actions, maybe you need to look within you why this person or his social media activities are causing you these feelings.
    You are happily married, so how are things at home?

so I won't block because that comes across as a bit petty imo after all this time.
    Said every person still very much interested in what their ex is up to and hasn't yet let go of the need to creep their social media.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Said every person still very much interested in what their ex is up to and hasn't yet let go of the need to creep their social media.
    So true. I've been guilty of this, too!

Originally Posted by Lambert
    So true. I've been guilty of this, too!
    I think everyone has, Lambert. Thing is, in my day there was no social media so we did a drive by their house to see if we could suss out what they were up to. Oh the shame if they caught us. lol

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I think everyone has, Lambert. Thing is, in my day there was no social media so we did a drive by their house to see if we could suss out what they were up to. Oh the shame if they caught us. lol
    omg! so true! you are killing me. i did the drive by, too!

the calling and hanging up b4 caller id! then they came out with *69... haha...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jay98
    I haven't checked up on him, he was on my timeline for the first time in years. We have a lot of mutual friends so it's not exactly easy to miss. It prompted me to check other social media because I didn't know if FB just unblocks people automatically after a certain amount of time.

I don't want anything to do with him and won't block him unless he becomes a problem. Right now I'm getting on with my life and he's getting on with his and I have no issues - so I won't block because that comes across as a bit petty imo after all this time. UNLESS he strikes up conversation or starts snooping on me (looking at stories etc where I can tell).

I don't think about him from one day to the next, I just got a bit concerned because he moved so close to my family that even THEY got worried. I don't want this to be another step he takes to potentially weasel his way into my life. If things stay normal I won't care, but I will block if anything comes of this.

In short, I'm indifferent if there's no intent behind it. I haven't blocked anyone on social media because I don't feel the need unless they're harassing me and so far he has not.

So...he didn't check up on you. He commented on a post made by a mutual friend.
    Please block him. its not to "punish" someone - he will have no clue that you blocked him. Rather its for YOU so you cut it out and stop obsessing or thinking all his life choices are about you. They are not.

Platinum Member
    Here's another way to look at it. if you can see what he comments on friends' posts, he can see what you comment, too and HE HAS NEVER REACHED OUT TO YOU in all that time. what does that mean? He is not spending any time obsessing over or thinking about you.

Now if you both lived in Miami and then you move to Nome, Alaska, and suddenly you find that he lives a block away -- yeah, i'd wonder, but if you have always lived in the same metro area and he happens to move to your area, its coincidence.

Platinum Member
    Your ego is betraying you here OP and it could lead you to betray your husband.

Bronze Member
    Christ all this because I wanted to make sure his motivation WASN'T to reach out to me.

He didn't live in the same area before. He lived an hour away so yes, moving the next street to my family not only rang alarms for me but my family as well - my dad said he saw him drive by the house fairly recently and, years ago, HE TOLD ME HIMSELF that he drove by my old flat when I was in uni 'for nostalgia' while we were broken up and had spent the whole time thinking about talking to me (which he managed to do before it all went to poop again).

I understand it's not easy to get the full picture when you only have a paragraph to work with.

I don't obsess or think about his life choices. I don't care. Complete apathy. I just don't want him making excuses to speak to me, my husband or my family because he has before. And I'm sorry but I don't agree that not blocking means I want him to creep on me - my accounts show nothing personal. They're all locked down. If I block him when he's made no effort to contact me I believe that shows him that I still care and I don't. I'd rather just carry on like he doesn't exist.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Videos

Can Facebook Destroy Your Marriage?

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice