LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insecurities in Dating

Platinum Member
    Well defined boundaries alleviate insecurities and doubt-based fears. Don't invest more in a person than what you know about them. Within a few weeks you know next to nothing. Make sure you know someone well enough and allow the progressing level of familiarity to coincide with how much you open up and give to a person, both emotionally and physically.

Take the time to really get to know someone. Like the old saying goes, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the one who's right for you. And that saying came out before the internet was invented, lol. Don't put any pressure on yourself to get to know someone, always follow your gut first, then allow your heart to follow after that, if the signs point in that direction. Listen to and look at those signs carefully, place your respect and trust in how they're guiding you, and heed their direction.

Hi thanks for all the responses I really appreciate it! It's good to hear most of this is all mostly normal for dating and hopefully if I keep trying something good will come out of it.

I will work on setting more boundaries and higher standards. My standards are pretty high but tend to go out the window when I like someone but I'll try to work on holding my ground more so I can weed out the guys who may be looking for something differently from me.

@Miss Canuck that guy did stay at my house overnight. It was a bit of a weird situation I somehow didn't read his profile properly when we first started talking and thought he lived in my city. Then I found out after I agreed to meet with him that he lived far away but I didn't want to say "no I don't want to meet you anymore" because we were getting along pretty well. We were pretty much out of the house the entire time though except at night. I wasn't sure what his plan was if he was going to go home or find a place to stay for the night and he told me he was going to sleep in his car. I thought it would be pretty cruel to let him sleep in his car especially after being so nice to me all day so I let him stay over, but yeah maybe next time I shouldn't be so trusting of that :/ he probably would've ended up driving home if I didn't let him sleep over instead of sleeping in his car anyway lol

Ok live and learn. Never let a complete stranger say in your home. You're lucky this just resulted in ghosting rather than more serious problems. Try not to get this lonely or desperate and put your safety on the line for a morsel of attention.
    Originally Posted by LockerBunny
    My standards are pretty high but tend to go out the window when I like someone

that guy did stay at my house overnight. I found out after I agreed to meet with him that he lived far away but I didn't want to say "no I don't want to meet you anymore" because we were getting along pretty well.

Platinum Member
    "I will work on setting more boundaries and higher standards. My standards are pretty high but tend to go out the window when I like someone but I'll try to work on holding my ground more so I can weed out the guys who may be looking for something differently from me."

The definition of values and standards is what you do when it's not easy and they are put to the test. You don't have high standards -or the standards you say you have if they "go out the window" in that situation. Glad you are self aware about it!

It doesn't make sense to only have boundaries with men you don't like! That's easy. But turning into mush and disregarding any self protection just because you find a man attractive will not serve you well. That's when it's even more important to look out for yourself.

7. 02-24-2020, 05:02 PM
    Reason
    Inappropriate

8. 10-10-2020, 02:02 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

9. 10-10-2020, 02:10 PM
    Reason
    Reference to deleted posts

10. 10-10-2020, 02:44 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

11. 10-10-2020, 03:07 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

🥱🍤🥡🌮👎🍞🥺🧈🤡🍟😆🖖💩🤖👽🖐🤓🤏🤥👇
    Originally Posted by polosantony
    Something like TROLLZ.com

Originally Posted by polosantony
    Hello for everybody. I have I have a few questions. However, so far I figured out how the forum works. And why can't you post a message here quickly. I'm not happy that I made up my mind.
    You dug up an old thread.

You can post your own thread by going to the main forum page and click the button to ask a question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice