Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling Ok Again

Yes it is the same one

Originally Posted by sammy1592
    Yes it is the same one
    Well, this might be worth reflecting on a bit. You say the breakup was "out of the blue," yet right off the back this guy told you that he had trust issues, that his focus in connecting with you was less about getting to know you than getting you to assure him that you would not "burn" him the same way other women had. So your relationship, in ways, was built upon a foundation of validating his pain and reluctance to be in a relationship.

Romance, of course, is always a risk, and I'm sorry this one didn't work out. Speaking for myself, I do find some kind of comfort in extracting lessons from these experiences, as it demystifies the other person and gives me a foothold to climb out of the void. There is absolutely nothing to feel ashamed of in giving this a go, nor in that it only went so far, but perhaps it helps you, when you're ready, to build connections with different, more sustainable materials in the future.

The best first stop is the doctor for a complete evaluation for depression/anxiety. Your overall and mental health is not a DYI situation. A referral for ongoing supportive therapy would help with ruminating, catastrophizing and overall feeling low.
    Originally Posted by sammy1592
    I'm so miserable every single day, and I just feel like I don't even know how to stop feeling this way. Does anybody have any advice on how I can just start to feel even a little happy again and not so sad and awful all the time? I just feel like I'm desperate to stop feeling like this all day every day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice