Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: He's going on vacation without me, am i right to be dissapointed because of it?

Platinum Member
    Three weeks is an awful lot of time to go on a buddies trip, IMHO. That said, if this were some kind of long-planned adventure, a bucket list kind of thing, then maybe it makes sense. You know, climbing Anaconda, trekking to Nepal. Rafting in New Guinea. Then you'd need that kind of time away and definitely have the cash to make it happen.

But what then about the GF back home? Have you drained off all your free time and cash and cannot now go on a vacation with her? Plus, is it worth a mention to your GF that you're going on said trip (which is very much like what you'd have done with GF) with a bunch of guys she hasn't met (presumably)?

I'm thinking that maybe the relationship status is not on the same page between the OP and the BF.

Epic fail....boot to curb.

The alternative, buy a sexy bikini, grab a couple of girlie friends, and go to Florida for spring break for 3 weeks and see what he does.

Originally Posted by smackie9
    Epic fail....boot to curb.

The alternative, buy a sexy bikini, grab a couple of girlie friends, and go to Florida for spring break for 3 weeks and see what he does.
    lols

Agree - his head space is in single-land or demi-single-land. He is sabotaging whatever commitment he might be trying to sustain.

OP seems to be a one and done and is not responding.

I'm curious to know how the conversation went.

Thank you all for your opinions, seems like everyone has different one.
    I also dont see problem, if someone in relationship goes on weekend with friends, but different situation is when its long trip and to place where the other one would love to visit too. Also i take it its guy's trip in sense like sleeping in tent and showering few times a week, so i pressume that other guys GFs would prefer that vacation. We talked about it and it seems like there is still posibility to include me, although its not sure. We then agreed that if it doesnt work out that we will take another vacation for ourselves... Although shorter... Well, its probable, that he still isnt much comitted in our relationship as someone would expect after more than year and a half. Thats another thing, and it takes time...

Just want to say I'm sorry, there's not much to add that hasn't been said but I know this has hurt your feelings and shaken your confidence in the relationship at least a little. If I were you I'd have a sit down conversation with him about how this made you feel and see if he's reassuring and committed or not. Ultimately you'll need to decide if his approach to the relationship is what you're looking for in a partner. God bless

Originally Posted by RandomTess
    We talked about it and it seems like there is still posibility to include me, although its not sure.
    I wouldn't ask BF to press the point with his friends unless some of those guys opt to include their partners as well. Otherwise, they'll resent the two of you. They've planned this trip and paid a lot of money to do it their way.

My ex took me on the all guys fishing trips without an issue. It was their traditional yearly trip and I was honored to be a part of it. I do believe how committed they are to you does play a huge roll in it.

We talked about it and it seems like there is still posibility to include me, although its not sure. We then agreed that if it doesnt work out that we will take another vacation for ourselves... Although shorter... Well, its probable, that he still isnt much comitted in our relationship as someone would expect after more than year and a half. Thats another thing, and it takes time...
    I feel for you... i don't know that I would be willing to beg to go on the trip. Further, I don't know if I could move forward with this guy... I just feel it says a lot.

A healthy relationship is when both people are equally committed and equally happy with that level of commitment.

Putting in more effort will not compensate for their lack of effort. Rather, it makes them, do even less!

There are actually three things going on here.
    1) Did he cancel plans with you to do this?
    2) Why tag along like a fifth wheel on an all-guys trip?
    3) Are you fearful this indicates lack of interest or that a guys trip may have other types of "fun" associated that you'll never know about?
    -3.a) Is #3 why you want to do #2? To keep an eye on him?
    i take it its guy's trip in sense like sleeping in tent and showering few times a week, so i pressume that other guys GFs would prefer that vacation. We talked about it and it seems like there is still posibility to include me, although its not sure.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice