LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cultivating a relationship

Platinum Member
    The other piece of this puzzle is more of the generalized conundrum of why exactly do women flirt or take interest in online messaging, and then certainly, before you know it, completely ghost you or lose interest entirely? It seems like very few care about the long-term effects or commitments of trying to build relationship.
    Men do it as well buddy , if you hang around the forum you will see questions like yours all the time , especially the ghosting ..my daughter is your age group and it is rife but then I am the older age group and it isn't any different .

Don't waste too much of your head space trying to work any of it out . Don't message her anymore , just be normal if you see her at church things and carry on with life chalking it down to experience .

Originally Posted by landonkoon1
    The other piece of this puzzle is more of the generalized conundrum of why exactly do women flirt or take interest in online messaging, and then certainly, before you know it, completely ghost you or lose interest entirely? It seems like very few care about the long-term effects or commitments of trying to build relationship.
    She's a teenager.

. . because that's what immature teenagers will do.
    She might have a crush on you but not the maturity to act on it. That's exactly why you should date people your own age.

The 17 year old girl is too young to be dating a 23 year old man. She's still a teenager in high school, a young girl and you're much older than she is.

She's not interested in you so don't bother trying to figure her out.

If you are in her midst, just act natural, remain polite, respectful yet keep a safe, honorable distance. Know your place and act accordingly. Be a gentleman.

I only know that she is into me because two of my close gal friends from church have told me verbatim that this girl ďhas the hots for meĒ and they have suggested multiple times that she likes me and have attempted occasionally to get us together at certain events.
    - This is not right. I suggest you ask yer gal friends to back off.
    You can find your own gf in time, on your own.

First you say you feel she IS into you.. then later you feel she isn't.
    I always feel such a disconnect, as if she doesnít want to be around me or she doesnít show any interest in me. She wonít stand near me when weíre in public, sheís extremely shy/quiet. She usually doesnít respond to much I say, and I try to be very inclusive by asking her things and doing favors and also cracking jokes, or really trying to make her smile.
    Iím explaining all of this because tonight I was invited by her sister to go to a country dancing bar with the two of them, but I had a feeling that her older sister was just dragging her along for me. And Itís just come to a peak for me, because I try so hard not to be upset or ďget in my feelingsĒ but the more that this beautiful girl leaves my messages on read, doesnít talk to me, and acts shy and closed off...the more Iím ultimately convinced that Iím not right for her or that she really isnít attracted to me.

She is way too young for YOU. How about finding a 'woman', who is more your age and NOT in HS.

- LoL.. you're talking about an immature little lady. Not a mature woman say, over 25 here.
    She is still 'having fun'- checking out cute guys, gossiping & giggling with her little friends etc... let it be and move on.
    And one more thing... her sister should also leave her lil sister out of some of these things and NOT even think of pushing
    her onto someone your age.
    This is just a joke. Like I said, leave it be now.

"Cultivate" is sort of a creepy word a lot like "grooming" a minor.
    Originally Posted by landonkoon1
    I was seeking insight into why she doesnít talk to me, but it wasnít because of an intent for us to start dating anytime soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice