Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl from the internet. Gaining her interest again [21F] [19W]

Platinum Member
    Dude.

You don't even know for sure what she looks like, or even if she is a girl?

I don't want to be unkind, but you need to take your head out of the sand. It is ludicrous to try to plan a future with someone whose identity you have not verified. I am not sure what your relationship history looks like, but you have got involved in a fantasy here. You have no clue who you've been talking to this whole time.

You first need to worry about confirming if she is who she says she is (and that can really only be done if you speak to her live over a video call) and then think about gaining her interest. Not the other way around.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Dude.

You don't even know for sure what she looks like, or even if she is a girl?

You first need to worry about confirming if she is who she says she is (and that can really only be done if you speak to her live over a video call) and then think about gaining her interest. Not the other way around.
    As I said - im sure that she is not catfish or something like that, but I make a video chat with her to get even more sure.
    In case this topic will get lost between newer ones - after I confirm her identity, how to get her interest back?

Unfortunately everyday someone like you gets caught up in catfish like this. Reduce your risk for this by improving your life away from the screen. Confide in a real life trusted person that you are heading down a dark hole. Get away from the video console and start getting involved in classes, sports, real life interests clubs, groups and other in-person interactions. Scammers and catfish like this prey on recluse lonely people who hide behind screens all day so stop doing that.
    Originally Posted by lenitto
    No, we didn't seen each other on camera live. None of us ever talked about video chatting I guess.

The risk is simply that you meet in person and realize that you do not actually like each other in real life. As in zero attraction. The hard truth about that is that no amount of photos or even video chatting can help you determine chemistry. You have to meet in real life to sort that out. What you have right now is an online friend and that is all.

So be a friend. If she asks you for info, give her honest info. If she chooses to come to your city or even your country because that's her best decision for herself, then you'll have a chance to finally meet face to face and see what happens from there. Maybe something, more likely nothing. What you do not want to do is talk her into coming to your city and then feel guilty and have a messy several months as it turns out that you don't really click. Let her make her own informed decisions on what's best for her and her studies and if it works out great and if not, oh well. At least it won't be on your shoulders or your conscience then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice