How to improve my public speaking.

iKokomo

I am wondering how I could improve my public speaking? Before I give a public speech, I imagine myself speaking dynamically with great inflection, but when I actually speak, it comes out boring.

How can I fix this? Does anyone have any tips on dynamic public speaking?

I have seen certain apps out there that claim to help with public speaking like "astound them, however it is a freemium app that is very expensive per month. Would an app like this help? Are there cheaper alternatives?

Observe politicians and how they speak or perhaps you can get some pointers from youtube demonstrations on public speaking.

Have self confidence. My mother taught me a trick long ago. I was absolutely terrified of giving memorized speeches in front of my classroom when I was 12 years old. :eek: She told me to imagine my audience as a bunch of trees so I wouldn't feel self conscious and petrified. She said that if I were in a room full of trees or plants, I would feel fine and natural. Therefore, I followed her advice, exuded self confidence, imagined my audience as a forest of trees and received an A+ for my speech. Btw, my speech was about drug abuse, drug abuse prevention and my mother helped me compose my speech which I memorized verbatim. :D

I am wondering how I could improve my public speaking? Before I give a public speech, I imagine myself speaking dynamically with great inflection, but when I actually speak, it comes out boring.

How can I fix this? Does anyone have any tips on dynamic public speaking?

The easiest, cheapest way is to let your enthusiasm for the subject matter shine through. People naturally respond to that.

Take classes at the local college or find adult education. Why haven't you joined some groups and clubs and sports and volunteered to improve your interpersonal skills.

You can't improve interacting with people by hiding behind a screen watching free Youtube videos. Stop the phone addiction and start talking to real live people. In real life. Interpersonal skills is not like theoretical physics or mathematics. You have to practice in real life and apply it..

My advice on this topic remains the same:https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561948&p=7166951&viewfull=1#post7166951

I am wondering how I could improve my public speaking? Are there cheaper alternatives?

Archived