Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why did he message?

I haven't replied to his last text a couple days ago and he hasn't texted again.He told me to let him know if I want his help with my car as he's available to help so I guess I'll just take him up on his offer and ask him in person.I hate this sort of thing over text.Thanks for the input.It's such a minor issue but driving me insane and it's good to sound off!

For your own sanity, think about it like this: If he texted you, called you, or showed up at your door clearly expressing regrets, growth, and a clear desire to get back together with cinematic panache you would likely feel exactly the way you do right now.

So, all in all, it's up to you to decide if a dose of "insanity" is worth it to see what's what. Key about the "what's what" part? It's remembering that the clearest gauge in all this is right there inside you, your gut and spirit, not something he will say or do while replacing the timing belt or whatever's up with the car.

How did you meet? Did he take car of our care while you were dating? Did he charge you for that or was it a favor?
    Originally Posted by Odiug
    He told me to let him know if I want his help with my car as he's available to help so I guess I'll just take him up on his offer and ask him in person

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    How did you meet? Did he take car of our care while you were dating? Did he charge you for that or was it a favor?
    We met online.No he never came near my car... but it wasn't broken then!

I think he shopped around and came up empty handed. On the other hand, if he truly wanted to be with you, he'd never risk the chance of losing you.

I wouldn't roll the dice on this one...

Yes,I only meant him to message me again if he wanted to see me!Surely he would have understood that!
    Yes in a perfect world he'd reach out with a clear text saying something like "I've healed, have my life in order and would love to date you again." Buuuuut we live on this planet earth with people who are just not that blunt, afraid of rejection and much more likely to use a soft approach than a direct one.

Look at yourself - you could just text back and ask him directly what it is that he wants, but instead you are here asking strangers to make guesses. So much ado about nothing that can be easily solved with simple communication.

I'm on vacation this week but next week when I'm back I will message him to meet about the car and see what the deal is then!

I'm on vacation this week but next week when I'm back I will message him to meet about the car and see what the deal is then!
    Why message him about the car when what you really want to know is if he wants to date you?

Don't hide behind the car thing or you'll continue to be confused.

It's difficult to say why he reached out, but the only way to know for sure is ask.

If you use the car issue as an excuse, instead of being upfront with him about what you want, I have a feeling you'll find yourself in texting limbo with him again, where you're exchanging a bunch of meaningless texts with someone who isn't serious about dating/establishing a relationship.

In your original post, you mention that even after he told you that he wasn't sure what he wanted & that he didn't want a relationship, he continued to text you. Don't put yourself in that position again and allow him to waste your precious time. You're looking for an actual relationship, not a texting relationship.

I hope you get your answer soon. Please let us know how it goes!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice