Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Thread: Bf hasn't planned anything for Valentines.

Platinum Member
    Just cos I made a thread doesn't mean I was bent out of shape irl. There wasn't any sulking involved.

And yes, I got him something small too.
    Originally Posted by Keyman
    I still feel there is a deeper issue, but at least you got what you wanted in the end. It only took getting twisted out of shape, sulking, and the threat of ignoring him and he jumped in to rescue. Did you end up getting him a card in the end?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Honeycomb8
    He thought about things and realised he was wrong. I didn't have to do anything.

There wasn't a lot of 'angst.' Nor do I think I overrreacted- I think anyone would feel disappointed if their s/os didn't even try.
    Yes, he came up with the idea after you pointed it out to him. I would not feel disappointed unless I knew he cared about V-day and chose not to care about it with me.

Really confused -you say your love language is gift giving and you toss out that you "got him something small?"

Originally Posted by Honeycomb8
    Everything worked out in the end. He ended up messaging me and calling me and insisting on seeing me. He got me a really thoughtful gift, which was practical and something I needed! Also wrote me a sweet message on a card ☺️. We played mini golf and had loads of fun, then had this romantic dinner at one of my fav Italian restaurants and he then took me play pool haha. I was awful at it so he gave me some pointers.

It all made me so happy. I would have been happy with just the mini golf but he ended up putting in effort and we both felt really connected. He kept on telling me he loved me and said us having issues was no problem because we just need to talk it through and work pass it.

Thanks for giving me advice guys. I guess it was good we talked about things. Me ignoring him would have been a big mistake and I don't want that.
    I'm glad everything worked out in the end. You're both young and let the love grow with gestures and celebrations. It's how my husband and I were long ago. We have a mutual agreement not to fuss over VD and birthdays. However, if other couples wish to exchange gifts, have an enjoyable outing and dine at fine restaurants, I think it's great. It's perfectly wonderful to be sentimental and express love with well thought out gifts, outings and delicious dinners. By all means. Most of all, it makes both of you happy which is all that matters. Disregard naysayers.

Efforts are appreciated and there are warm feelings of gratitude.

For VD, I bought myself perfume, several pairs of shoes and designer handbags! I'm good on my clothes. I purchase the same for my birthday, Christmas and random times throughout the year. I said 'thank you' to my husband and I work hard, too. He and I are enrolled in a cooking class tomorrow. I will cook a delicious home cooked dinner and we'll feast on warming up leftovers. We will take a walk and have a picnic at a park. Every couple does what their personal preferences are.

Never ignore and don't get your wires crossed. Express your feelings, explain and there is no misunderstanding whatsoever. Always be clear and remain on the same page. This way, no one becomes angry, confused nor clueless.

I do think when your relationship is still new, and even within a 2 year mark, you want to see if the other will make an effort for you on V-day. So it's understandable where you're coming from.

I've been with my husband for 5 years and I think we stopped caring 2nd year, lol. You just know the person loves you and doesn't have to show it on V-day. I am lucky enough to have a guy who consistently show gestures of love on a regular basis and surprise me with flowers or takes me out on a surprise dinners here and there.

Platinum Member
    It's a very personal thing, all this, isn't it? I've always found the very commercial bunches of flowers/chocolates/balloons with hearts on etc etc very embarrassing; I'm also happy NOT to go out on Valentine's Day because you can guarantee that all the nice places will be packed to the rafters and there won't be any parking spaces! (Plus inflated prices).

Neither my partner nor I really care about it; however, his birthday is on 13th February, I always give him a hand-drawn card and always have more than one idea, and end up giving two cards - one for his birthday and the other for Valentine's Day. They always refer to in-jokes or other things of current amusement. Because I give him a card, he feels duty-bound to do likewise. This year I got a beautiful card, the original of which was a mixed media print I'd admired in a gallery a while ago. It features a wild boar.

Perhaps not everyone's idea of romance, but it works for us!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by nutbrownhare
    It's a very personal thing, all this, isn't it? I've always found the very commercial bunches of flowers/chocolates/balloons with hearts on etc etc very embarrassing; I'm also happy NOT to go out on Valentine's Day because you can guarantee that all the nice places will be packed to the rafters and there won't be any parking spaces! (Plus inflated prices).

Neither my partner nor I really care about it; however, his birthday is on 13th February, I always give him a hand-drawn card and always have more than one idea, and end up giving two cards - one for his birthday and the other for Valentine's Day. They always refer to in-jokes or other things of current amusement. Because I give him a card, he feels duty-bound to do likewise. This year I got a beautiful card, the original of which was a mixed media print I'd admired in a gallery a while ago. It features a wild boar.

Perhaps not everyone's idea of romance, but it works for us!
    It sounds lovely!!!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Give Advice
Ask For Advice