Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is this guy trying to do or doing?

I'd be careful not to mistake/confuse his behaviour as a sign of attraction. Either way, I agree with Sherry, you need to stop him in his tracks at the first sign of his juvenile antics.

Keep in mind that we teach people how to treat us. In short to put it mildly, he's a jack***

So if your boss was an 80 year old man who played with your hair, wouldn't you have told him not to touch you--that he needed to respect your personal space? Just because your supervisor is only a year older than you, and you obviously think he's cute, doesn't mean that you should allow any man to touch you just because he wants to.

There is a reason for fraternization rules. How can a supervisor avoid favoritism and also be able to discipline an employee when he's touched her flirtatiously and gone out drinking with her, one-on-one? You also don't want to mix business with pleasure because your job could be on the line if he decides to take revenge when things don't go as he planned. Or if the other co-workers see the inappropriate behavior and see favoritism, which is what might have happened, and they reported him to upper management.

Take this as a lesson learned. Just because somebody else acts inappropriately, doesn't mean you should go along for the ride and get caught in the crossfire. If there are other hotels you can easily work at, start applying since his attitude bothers you, or let this blow over, but stop hugging him. He's not your boyfriend or a close friend.

So I'm basically the the biggest joke at work.
    Awesome.

Originally Posted by ConfusedF25
    So I'm basically the the biggest joke at work.
    Awesome.
    Who said that?

He behaved inappropriately and possibly was told to knock it off by his boss. That's it.

It's not about you, as in...you're not the one who made themselves look bad, he is.

I bet he's done this before and if he can get away with it, he'll do it again on the next new girl.

Just do your best to stay away from him.

I just want all of us to be professional and somewhat friendly. We all work together basically everyday. And he basically singles me out and just ignores me and doesnt even acknowledge me.
    So it also kinda show to other coworkers that something happened with us. Just feel stupid at this point.

So he's just been really rude, mean and distant. Anytime I ask for help, he says "you should know this by now" and makes me feel incompetent and bad at my job. He helps all my coworkers easily, willing to help everyone. But when it comes to me, he's just a huge jerk at work.
    Because of this...'My manager wanted to speak to him and they ended up talking in the back for like a good 30 minutes. When he came back, he became distant, rude, and mean.

= Sounds like he has respectively backed off now- has to keep his distance & only re work with you now.
    I say respect how it is.. and never get involved with a co worker.. you are there for prof purposes.. not personal.
    Distance because t is probably a bit awkward for him.
    Like I said.. respectfully give him distance as well and just move along.. focus on your job.

Was he with this girlfriend when you first went out for drinks? Or is this a new relationship for him?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ConfusedF25
    So basically,
    you guys are all saying he's being a piece of because the managers said something to him?
    He's behaving like that because he's a petulant little boy.

A more mature individual would not have been inappropriate with you in the first place but, if this was pointed out to him, would respond by behaving in a manner which was polite and professional towards you.

As it is, he started off by flirting with you and seeing you outside work. Not cool if he has a girlfriend.

Then, after the manager's spoken to him, he's angry and takes it out on you. This isn't about you, or the manager - it's about him needing to do a bit of growing up.

Platinum Member
    He's probably always been a jerk and you just didn't know him well enough to really see it until the boss told him to knock it off. As someone else mentioned, this might also not be his first warning to stay away from female coworkers.

The fact that he's now saying he has a girlfriend is also a very clear sign to stop all personal communication that isn't work-related.

Forget about him. Keep interactions civil and professional, or you might find he turns the tables and complains about you to management.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice