LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valentine

Valentine

This a text I got today... please share your thoughts!!!

So obviously I want to do something for you for this holiday they call Valentine's day. But my mother's birthday is actually on Valentine's day but she is in baton rouge because my grandmother her mother is dying as we speak. So I flew her out there to be with her mom and dad . So along with paying for a last minute flight for her and making arrangements for her dog who passed away as soon as they got there 🤦🏾♂️and all of my recent investments(Brand,business,etc)I'm broke for the next couple weeks. With that being said I want you to pick a restaurant you want to go to and I will make that happen as soon as I am able along with gifts and flowers. Just know you are thought of and cared for everyday not just February 14th. Thank you for your understanding. 🌹🌹🌹

My thoughts are, it's a sincere, honest text. There's so much going on: It's the mother's birthday on VD, her mother is dying, your significant other flew her out there to be with her parents, broke, made arrangements for a dog who passed away and there's the offer for YOU to choose a restaurant AND give YOU gifts and flowers which is awfully generous IMHO.

In order to be considerate of the other person's wallet, I'd suggest something more budget friendly such as a nice home cooked dinner for two and be considerate by declining gifts and flowers. Think of the wallet. Then when there are more resources in the future, take a rain check and splurge then.

Yes, why not make him a meal and invite him over?

Create the nice restaurant at home, yours or his. Go together to the supermarket and choose the meal and flowers. Gifts are unnecessary.

Then, wear something smashing and have a great night!

Platinum Member
    Agree with everyone else and understand your "valentine" sure has his priorities straight when it comes to his loved ones!

Platinum Member
    Just know you are thought of and cared for everyday not just February 14th. Thank you for your understanding. 🌹🌹🌹
    This says it all ^^^. Sounds like you've got a quality guy!

That is, unless you've got a VERY good reason to think he may not be telling the truth....

On its face, it seems like a sincere, heartfelt message.

Just wondering why you might be questioning this text message?

Is there some background info that were missing?

My thoughts are, he sounds like a keeper.

Wow. Poor guy has a lot going on. That's so sweet and thoughtful that he wants to treat you still even when he can't afford it. Sounds like under normal circumstances he would have. His text seems like he put thought into it and sound legit. I think the idea of a romantic dinner at home would be very sweet. It would show you're understanding and that love isn't about the money. Plus, you can get creative with it. :-)

Gold Member
    Is this the same guy as your other posts or someone new?

[Register to see the link]

[Register to see the link]

If its someone new, he sounds great. If its the old guy, I understand why youd be concerned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice