Nosocialmedi

This a text I got today... please share your thoughts!!!

“So obviously I want to do something for you for this holiday they call Valentine's day. But my mother's birthday is actually on Valentine's day but she is in baton rouge because my grandmother her mother is dying as we speak. So I flew her out there to be with her mom and dad . So along with paying for a last minute flight for her and making arrangements for her dog who passed away as soon as they got there 🤦🏾♂️and all of my recent investments(Brand,business,etc)I'm broke for the next couple weeks. With that being said I want you to pick a restaurant you want to go to and I will make that happen as soon as I am able along with gifts and flowers. Just know you are thought of and cared for everyday not just February 14th. Thank you for your understanding. 🌹🌹🌹

My thoughts are, it's a sincere, honest text. There's so much going on: It's the mother's birthday on VD, her mother is dying, your significant other flew her out there to be with her parents, broke, made arrangements for a dog who passed away and there's the offer for YOU to choose a restaurant AND give YOU gifts and flowers which is awfully generous IMHO.

In order to be considerate of the other person's wallet, I'd suggest something more budget friendly such as a nice home cooked dinner for two and be considerate by declining gifts and flowers. Think of the wallet. Then when there are more resources in the future, take a rain check and splurge then.

Wow. Poor guy has a lot going on. That's so sweet and thoughtful that he wants to treat you still even when he can't afford it. Sounds like under normal circumstances he would have. His text seems like he put thought into it and sound legit. I think the idea of a romantic dinner at home would be very sweet. It would show you're understanding and that love isn't about the money. Plus, you can get creative with it. :-)

Does this mean you two won't be spending any time together while he's broke, including Valentine's day? Or are you getting together to do low-key, inexpensive things for the moment?

Sounds like you don't know him very well. Have you just started dating? Are you exclusive, or not?

People have to eat and usually have enough for groceries. Seems like if he wanted to spend time with you, he might've just explained how he was broke but wanted to cook some spaghetti for you or something.

Maybe if you give more information, we'll be able to have a better understanding of what's going on and what your concerns are.

How long have you been dating? Have you met in person? It sounds like a very cold business letter replete with "thank you for understanding".

Unfortunately he is giving you a preemptive pack of excuses. Why would he have to go on and on and on like this rather than just do something? He can't get to the corner store for a card or a flower? He's lying. Dump him.

Is this the same guy?: https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562160&p=7170757&viewfull=1#post7170757

I flew her out there to be with her mom and dad . So along with paying for a last minute flight for her and making arrangements for her dog who passed away as soon as they got there and all of my recent investments(Brand,business,etc)I'm broke for the next couple weeks. Just know you are thought of and cared for everyday not just February 14th. Thank you for your understanding. 🌹🌹🌹
How long have you been dating? Have you met in person? It sounds like a very cold business letter replete with "thank you for understanding".

Unfortunately he is giving you a preemptive pack of excuses. Why would he have to go on and on and on like this rather than just do something? He can't get to the corner store for a card or a flower? He's lying. Dump him.

Is this the same guy?: https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562160&p=7170757&viewfull=1#post7170757

God I thought I was the one who thought like this!!! Thanks Wiseman2 haha:tongue:. I agree this sounds so suspicious. Both my ex gave me essay like texts whenever they wanted to cover their a$$ and it turned out to be a whole bunch of kid like excuses. If he`s broke, he shouldn`t even being dating in the first place. He should sort out his financial stability. And all this "Just know you are thought of and cared for everyday not just February 14th." okay, sounds like he google that sh*t. I`m sorry if I sound too harsh, but I`ve been hanging around loosers for so long, I can now smell excuses from miles away. "So obviously I want to do something for you for this holiday they call Valentine's day. " Obvious to whom? Sounds like you asked him out on Vday or something and he just declined in a "cute" way. Yeah, sorry but don`t buy that. Also, do you communicate often? didn`t you know he was already away somewhere? Why did he need to clarify all this to you? I get the idea you don`t talk very often, in fact not even everyday and it`s always texting. Because if you diod you would already know about his family going through this tragic things and that he was away. I also think you just starting seeing each other o which my ultimate advice is: #RUN #RUNLIKEFORRESTGUMP.

What arrangements for the dog dying? Is that an American thing? Forgive me lack of knowledge, I`m Greek.

I agree! I kind of thought he was lying... I've made up excuses before to people and I always find myself over explaining when I don't want to do something or go somewhere. He's definitely lying. Especially if it's the guy from the other posts. I'm sorry!

Yep. Total bull. Anyone can stop someplace and pick something up. This guy took the time and enumerated more reasons why he can't than it takes to stop and pick up a card, rose, whatever.

I agree! I kind of thought he was lying... I've made up excuses before to people and I always find myself over explaining when I don't want to do something or go somewhere. He's definitely lying. Especially if it's the guy from the other posts. I'm sorry!
Yep. Total bull. Anyone can stop someplace and pick something up. This guy took the time and enumerated more reasons why he can't than it takes to stop and pick up a card, rose, whatever.

Yes agree - it woulda been quicker to pick up a card, write "Love John (or whatever his name is) and stamp and mail it then to write out that text lol. There was a reason why he wrote out that text.

Archived