LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Im conclusively an idiot

Originally Posted by No1
    Welp you kinda of said that last time. At this point its not what you say, its what you do. You don't have to convince me or anyone here that its over. You have to tell yourself that. So the question still has to be asked.. Do you still want her in your life?
    I mean she is hot af. Previous guy said it. But she texts constantly which is a major distraction. And flakes on dates. I end up feeling like shyt. Drinking way more. And feeling a lot of anxiety. So its better to keep her squarely in the no contact zone I believe.

Based on the way Ive acted throughout this whole thing has made me come to question if I have some issues with codependency. I mean it seems that I have. Why did I let someone treat me so poorly and always let her back for more. I pretty much had invited her back. Sitting here wanting a person in my life that leaves me feeling drained and anxious. This makes absolutely no logical sense. My life literally had become less enjoyable while I was dating her. And she rebounded back to the dude that shed originally dumped me for. So now my primary focus has to be moving on. Dealing with my issues that led me to put up with it. And working on having more healthy relationships. Seriously. I started acting manipulative and screwing her around too. And thats just not right. Goes nowhere positive. All I can say is that Ive learned a bit. But seems like I have a lot of work to do on myself.

Originally Posted by Rawksteddy
    But seems like I have a lot of work to do on myself.
    Can only speak for myself, but just about everything that has ever happened it my life to trigger a thought like thisand the workhas been a thing I look back on with fondness. And, believe me, I'm talking about some real dumpster fires. Still, fertilizer is fertilizer, and growth is growth. If you can look inside right now to grow a few millimeters, you'll thank yourself later. Sooner than you think.

She was hot af, as you said above, and you got yoked around a bit. Happens. All in all, I think the reason this happens if because of something pretty awesome in people: we are, all of us, yearning for depth. Hot, too, of course, but we want more. You want more, and, for a hot moment, she seemed like a portal to it. Then reality set it, and it spun you out. You're in good company.

Odds are you would not have "put up" with a lot of this if it weren't for the "hot af" part. So, yeah, dig deep, reflect, do the work. But also cut yourself some slack. Could be that the lesson is as simple as wanting "hot" and "kind" to go hand in hand, which comes in spades. You just drew a joker in this round.

Platinum Member
    There is a type of woman who parley in the value of their pooty-tang with men who see only that but think it is more.

Some day she will have a devaluation in that regard.

As for you, move on, find a different kind of woman who brings values more than that to your life.

Not all woman play these games, look for one who does not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice