LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Getting back on the horse

Platinum Member
    Getting defensive won't change things. We are our actions and you can say what you like but the impression I've gotten is that you're unable to be alone.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    Those are ideas, but those things are really not the kind of dynamic I'm into. Those things are fine, but if I'm doing them in the context of trying to meet someone, I find it a bit disingenuous. Those things don't actually and honestly interest me. I do have my own interests that I go out and do, however. I'm very into music and the arts. But you also make a good point about the dating sites creating pressure, but I'm not desperate to meet anyone. Just checking it out to see who's out there. Maybe I'll happen to meet someone really great. I doubt it, but it could happen. I'm willing to try it for a bit.
    I think you can do both. Do what you like and keep on your radar that meeting someone might be a perk or a result of it. Ever considered volunteering backstage at a community theater group -many people meet that way. Music and art are both great ways to connect with and interact with others.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I think you can do both. Do what you like and keep on your radar that meeting someone might be a perk or a result of it. Ever considered volunteering backstage at a community theater group -many people meet that way. Music and art are both great ways to connect with and interact with others.
    That's a good idea. I might be able to squeeze something like that in, perhaps.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    That's a good idea. I might be able to squeeze something like that in, perhaps.
    I know of several couples that met that way and it created a lot of havoc in my life because I was in an on again off again relationship with a guy who was really involved in a theater group like that -and that is where he met a woman he started dating while we were on a break -and of course he didn't stop volunteering there when we got back together. I saw how tight people got - both friendships and romantic relationships (and became friends with some of them as well).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice