Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 330

Thread: Gestational diabetes

  1. #211
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    52,149
    Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    I think some of the outfits fit a bit longer, dungarees got example you can adjust and t shirts are fitting fit slightly longer as doesn't matter if they get a tad short 🤣 it's super frustrating how quickly she's growing.. her daddy loves it, butty he's the giant of course he would!
    I just can't relate. I was delighted-and still am -when my child is growing whether physically or emotionally. Of course children grow out of their clothes and shoes - one of his stuffed animals now wears some of his toddler shirts lol - but "frustrating"? Why?
    I would be mindful of not using outfits that are too snug -she can't tell you when she is uncomfortable and roomy is probably better at this age other than diapers and pajamas of course lol.

  2. #212
    Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,585
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I just can't relate. I was delighted-and still am -when my child is growing whether physically or emotionally. Of course children grow out of their clothes and shoes - one of his stuffed animals now wears some of his toddler shirts lol - but "frustrating"? Why?
    I would be mindful of not using outfits that are too snug -she can't tell you when she is uncomfortable and roomy is probably better at this age other than diapers and pajamas of course lol.
    Because she's 9.5 weeks old and very soon she'll be in 6-9 month clothes.. she's already been in 3-6 months 3 weeks.. it was bound to be this way as her daddy has giant genes.. but I feel robbed.. I at least hoped I'd get up until she was 2 months in 0-3 (was in up to 1 month for 4 weeks) etc.. don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's growing well and is healthy etc.. I just wish she wasn't growing quite so fast..

    We're having such a tough day today, I think the heat is bothering her and nothing I do is helping. Had a mini break down and fiance had to come help me cause it all got too much got both baby and I.

  3. #213
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,443
    My kids only wore 0-3 months for about a month. They never wore anything for more than a few weeks. Sizes for babies run small, they have always run small. That's why I didn't invest in a lot of outfits for them.

    It's just clothing. You can do what I did and sell their outgrown clothes on consignment. I made a few dollars back doing that.

  4. #214
    Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,585
    A lot of the clothes are second hand, so I'll ne donating to women's shelters, and keeping some of my favourites for next baby.. baby isn't gonna make it to 3 months before being in 6-9 months clothes 😭 but yeah the clothes don't have much growing room to them. Up to 1 month is a very similar size to 0-3 months..

  5.  

  6. #215
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    52,149
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    My kids only wore 0-3 months for about a month. They never wore anything for more than a few weeks. Sizes for babies run small, they have always run small. That's why I didn't invest in a lot of outfits for them.

    It's just clothing. You can do what I did and sell their outgrown clothes on consignment. I made a few dollars back doing that.
    I agree. I don't relate to your desire that she not grow so fast. Imagine if it was the opposite. Imagine if you had your first baby and your little girl didn't get over her jaundice that can happen temporarily. Imagine your baby needing a liver transplant in her first 6 months. Imagine it didn't take and then needed a second transplant. While being hundreds of miles away from family. That's what happened to my close friend's daughter's first baby. That baby is now a thriving 5 year old. Although several ER and hospital visits since she is immunocompromised. Please please I welcome you to need to vent here but please reconsider getting stressed about a baby growing "too fast".

  7. #216
    Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,585
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I agree. I don't relate to your desire that she not grow so fast. Imagine if it was the opposite. Imagine if you had your first baby and your little girl didn't get over her jaundice that can happen temporarily. Imagine your baby needing a liver transplant in her first 6 months. Imagine it didn't take and then needed a second transplant. While being hundreds of miles away from family. That's what happened to my close friend's daughter's first baby. That baby is now a thriving 5 year old. Although several ER and hospital visits since she is immunocompromised. Please please I welcome you to need to vent here but please reconsider getting stressed about a baby growing "too fast".
    It's not stressed as such just upset. I fully appreciate having a healthy big baby is much better (for lack of a better word) than a smaller baby with health concerns.

    Ugh I think we're going through nursing strike. Since her vaccines she's not eating much, today she's been crying all day, showing all signs of hunger but not latching on. She's had a small amount expressed, and I'm hoping she'll now feed from breast.

    I feel like she hates me currently. Obviously that isn't the case.. but I can't help feel like it and feel so utterly useless.

  8. #217
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,443
    She's a tiny human. She will have moods just like we all do. Often I don't feel like eating or getting cuddly.

    She will come back when she's ready. And if she doesn't, her pediatrician is your resource.

  9. #218
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    38,139
    Gender
    Female
    Yes, they have moods and off periods. This will pass too.

  10. #219
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    52,149
    Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    It's not stressed as such just upset. I fully appreciate having a healthy big baby is much better (for lack of a better word) than a smaller baby with health concerns.

    Ugh I think we're going through nursing strike. Since her vaccines she's not eating much, today she's been crying all day, showing all signs of hunger but not latching on. She's had a small amount expressed, and I'm hoping she'll now feed from breast.

    I feel like she hates me currently. Obviously that isn't the case.. but I can't help feel like it and feel so utterly useless.
    If you appreciated it you wouldn't be upset that your baby is thriving because it means you can't use the outfits you bought. You're going to spend a lot of $ over the years on items that don't work for your child or that she outgrows in two seconds, etc. It's called parenting. Do your utmost not to sweat the small stuff - she absorbs all of your energy.

    I agree with the others as far as please let her be. Show her active love, meet her needs, and how she reacts is her business. Unless her reaction seems to mean she is ill or something -then you're the parent, you have to be her advocate and help her.

  11. #220
    Platinum Member sophie274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,043
    It definitely tugged at my heart strings to put away the little newborn outfits. When she got her first teeth, I cried because it was the end of her gummy baby smile. Thereís something about babies growing up ... you hope for it every day and then feel very emotional when it happens.

    I hope baby feels better. I know itís worrisome when they donít eat but sheís such a healthy weight, Iím sure sheíll be back on track soon.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 ... LastLast

Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •