Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gestational diabetes

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    I can cope with surgery, but it isn't something I take lightly. I can't cope with people examining down there and doing things that are either painful or uncomfortable :( it's hard. But I'll discuss with my professionals closer to the time. If I still have a fast heart rate they may decide induction isn't the way to go due to the strain (150 is great for exercise but not for resting) I really hope I go naturally! Too much anxiety and information to take in today, just gotta take it one step at a time..
    Yes one step at a time. Also I'd research and think of ways to handle/cope with internal examinations (will also help when your child needs exams - he or she will take the lead from your reactions - not just internal exams).

Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    A little up and down in my results the last two days. Probably due to my choc biscuits, fiance has finished them off now. Fasting levels are all very good though. Struggling a little with mental health and self blame around the diagnosis. Midwife later today, whooping cough vaccine day. I hate vaccines, but gotta protect the little one where I can.

Reduced movements and high h heart rage earlier, then baby had a full on party on the monitor, so much so we couldn't see a baseline heart rate. Eventually got the baseline. Then wad a Guinea pig for a trainee doctor, who needed to do a scan. Got an extra look at baby which was nice. Baby still partying currently 🥰

I had my official growth scan today, all within normal ranges, slightly on the bigger side of average, but with daddy being well over 6ft it's never going to be a small or even average sized baby! 10 weeks! Probably less as usually they like to induce from 38 weeks eek so excited!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Congrats!!
    ...::

Two different readings after breakfast this morning, one which puts me over and one that keeps me under, same time ok a min difference. That now has me wondering if some of my other readings have been out? Is a brand new machine. Ugh
    Also not feeling well today, need a bath and wash my hair so I can go for a meal tonight with my love. Feeling kind of deflated with today's numbers.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Being a newly diagnosed T2 diabetic ( OCT) I would say most of your meals should be comprised of green veggies etc. Now course you were going to need more carbs than I do because youíre growing a baby. I would eat as healthy as possible and as Iím sure you are.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Being a newly diagnosed T2 diabetic ( OCT) I would say most of your meals should be comprised of green veggies etc. Now course you were going to need more carbs than I do because youíre growing a baby. I would eat as healthy as possible and as Iím sure you are.
    Yeah, we need carbs so we don't get pre eclampsia/ketones in urine etc. I'm not eating a huge amount of carbs, and have swapped to slower release carbs. Being a vegetarian I eat lots of veg anyway broccoli is my fave yummy. Just don't understand why I'm getting different results from one finger to the next, hands were washed prior etc.

So, I used the machines fake blood control test thing this morning, which put it over. Shop I'm guessing my machine has developed a fault. Not bothering testing now until I can contact them about it tomorrow, drives my anxiety sky high and I already have an abnormally high heart rate.. sigh, why is nothing straight forward?

So, the diabetic nurses said there's nothing wrong with my machine, the tests are only an estimate of my blood glucose levels and to just ignore the readings, but record them for their use, to decide whether to medicate me. I'm not particularly happy, but what can you do?
    I've found though, that if I have a high protein yogurt and one slice of seeded brown toast for breakfast, my levels are nice and low. Now to work out pairings for lunch and dinners. Gonna try veggies in cheese sauce soon I think. Struggling to exercise with such a high heart rate, but it's supposed to help with burning the carbs, need to get answers for that asap. Although I did go swimming last night, I really need my float though, as paranoia about water getting to my ears, despite ear plugs and a swim band holding them in, means I'm very slow and panic easily. Plus it'll help keep my heart rate lower.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice