Please help, I’m lost.

duhduhduhh

Before you read this please understand that I know I’m overthinking things and should probably just let him go - but this is a consistent thing with him. He’s done this before and I really just don’t know if this is the last time.

When my boyfriend gets mad he usually gives my the silent treatment. He’s done this before and it lasted about a week - he blocked my number but left my Instagram unblocked so I messaged him there.

During this time when I would try to text him (both iPhone users) they would send as green text messages as opposed to iMessages.

This time I really can’t tell if he blocked my number - iMessages are sending as delivered but my calls go straight to voicemail. Does anybody have any idea?

I tested it with another iPhone user and when they blocked me it sent as text messages but I’m not sure if it can vary?

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately he acts like a turd. You need to raise the bar on boys you date. Stop contacting him. He's playing childish stupid games. Don't tolerate it. Dump him.

When my boyfriend gets mad he usually gives my the silent treatment. He’s done this before and it lasted about a week - he blocked my number but left my Instagram unblocked so I messaged him there.

You are focused on the wrong thing. The silent treatment is abusive, he is mean, and you are giving him all the power. Who cares if he is getting your emails, you should not be sending them. Take back your power, block him everywhere, never talk to him again, and go to therapy to figure out why you are willing to be in such a bad relationship. Later, you will be ready to meet someone of quality and make it work.

As I stated, yes, I understand. But it’s not that easy. Toxic relationships are hard to leave.

I'd start by focusing of what the future holds, rather than attempting to analyze his reason for blocking you, giving the silent treatment, etc. IMO, he enjoys the game as well as the power he feels he has over you.

In short, it's time to send this Bozo packing.

The best way to change a dynamic is to change your own behavior or reaction to it.

You can't stop him from doing this. It's childish and destructive. But he does it because it works. He gets the reaction he wants and by doing so you reinforce it and reward him for doing it.

So, if you wanted this to change, what would you do differently?

Personally, I wouldn't tolerate it. It's basically abandoning the relationship. To be abandoned someone cuts to the core.

I had someone threaten to end a relationship every time he got upset. I told him that the only time I would make that threat was when I was ready to act on it. I promised him the next time he threatened to end the relationship I would take him seriously and hold him to it.

Within a week he did it again and I told him he left me no choice but to take him seriously. He never intended on ending the relationship, he was only do it to be manipulative over and over again. From that moment, the relationship was over and I never went back.

Archived