Signs from the ex...3 years later

Kylie608

Hi. I broke up with the guy after dating less than a year. He had a lot of insecurities and seemed hell bent on getting others to hate me after I left him.

It got really bad to where a girl who wants him has been harassing and bullying me terribly. That's been 1.5 years and had started out of the blue after I had gotten engaged. I had to move several times and the girl and detective collabated together to fabricate evidence against me. Well, I found out, and let's just say the tables are about to turn. My lawyer said in a matter of days the detective will be fired and anyone that helped or paid will get in trouble too.

My ex was driving by a few weeks ago. I saw him sitting out in front of a restaurant when I was there, then he was in my local grocery store with an empty cart, despite my moving half hour away. I've had hang up calls and fake friend requests on Facebook. For awhile, I've suspected a tracking device on my car. Well, my battery went dead and we're waiting for another part to come in, so my car has been sitting for a week. Since the battery incident, the aforementioned stalking activities really increased. But then....

I noticed that the girl had friended his sister. It showed "recently added". His family is not very close. However, I think they all came in town because of him being promoted at work.

I found out about the promotion because his veryyyyy private Facebook tonight showed a new job. It looks like he posted it a few days ago but made it public tonight. We had always talked about his work and how it wasn't going well at the time, and that he'd stay stagnant and would never get the promotion. He never was a guy that was very ambitious or cared about career. I was always focused on my career and growth. He'd rather show off something he built or painted than show off about work. I did encourage him that he'd make it to the higher position and said he'd wind up managing the people who were giving him problems at work.

Just puzzles me why the resurgence in activity but that girl friending his sister (my first thought was that the girl is using it as a tactic to get him to commit) was a surprise. Even more of a surprise was this overly private man making his new job public.

Any ideas?

Sorry to hear this. Get to a doctor MD for an evaluation and referral to a therapist. Living with these kind of delusions and paranoia is terrifying but can be managed with appropriate help.

I had to move several times and the girl and detective collabated together to fabricate evidence against me. My lawyer said in a matter of days the detective will be fired and anyone that helped or paid will get in trouble too.

I've had hang up calls and fake friend requests on Facebook. For awhile, I've suspected a tracking device on my car. that girl friending his sister (my first thought was that the girl is using it as a tactic to get him to commit) was a surprise. Even more of a surprise was this overly private man making his new job public.

Sorry to hear this. Get to a doctor MD for an evaluation and referral to a therapist. Living with these kind of delusions and paranoia is terrifying but can be managed with appropriate help.

Excuse me? I stated facts that my lawyer has told me. My fiance paid to have the car was swept and like I suspected, there was a tracking device on it. Investigations confirmed it too. Therefore, it's not delusional or paranoid. It is harassment and bullying- plain and simple. And I'm not going to take it from you and your "response" to me.

What are you doing still being connected to this guy on Facebook, much less now that you are evidently engaged to someone else?

Stop all social media contact. Period. No looking at his profile at all. And no looking at his family's activity, either.

We can't tell you why he's doing what you believe he's doing. Maybe he is obsessed, or maybe you are reading too far into unrelated events because you're afraid of him. The only thing you can do is continue to hand over evidence to your lawyer.

But I have to wonder, given that you posted this in Getting Back Together - are you still holding out hope that you two will reconcile? I can't help but sense that you want some of the recent social media activity to be about you, because you're still attached to him.

You wrote that you broke up with him and that you are now engaged to another man. If what you wrote about them stalking you is true, you should be avoiding/blocking their social media NOT stalking them on Facebook and analyzing his career. Stalking your ex and that girl's Facebook are not the actions of someone who has moved on. How do the activities that you mentioned concern you? You are no longer together and you have a fiance and a new life. It's your new fiance that you should be focused on, not your ex's Facebook. It sounds like you still have unresolved feelings about your ex or you wouldn't care about his promotion nor about that girl friending his sister.

What are you doing still being connected to this guy on Facebook, much less now that you are evidently engaged to someone else?

Stop all social media contact. Period. No looking at his profile at all. And no looking at his family's activity, either.

We can't tell you why he's doing what you believe he's doing. Maybe he is obsessed, or maybe you are reading too far into unrelated events because you're afraid of him. The only thing you can do is continue to hand over evidence to your lawyer.

But I have to wonder, given that you posted this in Getting Back Together - are you still holding out hope that you two will reconcile? I can't help but sense that you want some of the recent social media activity to be about you, because you're still attached to him.

It was my first post and I guess I'm not too familiar with the layout and posted in the wrong topic.

You're right that I am afraid. His own stalking of me post-breakup was really bad. He vandalized my home. Another female he dated said he was always trying to get her to harass me and when she wouldn't, he called ICE on her and she finally moved back to Mexico to get away from the fear of ICE.

You wrote that you broke up with him and that you are now engaged to another man. If what you wrote about them stalking you is true, you should be avoiding/blocking their social media NOT stalking them on Facebook and analyzing his career. Stalking your ex and that girl's Facebook are not the actions of someone who has moved on. How do the activities that you mentioned concern you? You are no longer together and you have a fiance and a new life. It's your new fiance that you should be focused on, not your ex's Facebook. It sounds like you still have unresolved feelings about your ex or you wouldn't care about his promotion nor about that girl friending his sister.

It was bizarre to see him start popping up around my home after I moved thirty minutes away. I think it resumed my complex-ptsd from the stalking. I hadn't looked in months and went to his Facebook after running in to him so many times.

I get afraid for my fiance too. A few other guys I dated got harassed. I've protected my fiance so much from the weirdos that they started defaming me online and saying he was imaginary. Anyway, I think all of this is out of fear. Guess I'll have to hang tight and keep getting evidence to my lawyer.

Archived