Please help with understanding contradictory behavior of one girl

AdAstra

Hi guys, I would really appreciate some advice.

There is a girl whom I really like. Whenever we run into each other at the college cafeteria, we talk for like 15-20 minutes. She always seems to be very happy to talk to me and touches my arms and shoulders at least 5 times during each conversation. When we are about to leave, she always tells me "Let me know if you want to have dinner some time." or something similar.

However, when I follow up on her suggestion and text her to have dinner with me 2-4 days later, she ignores / does not reply to my message. The next time we run into each other, she again acts all glad to see me and pretends like nothing happened. I know for a fact that she does not have a boyfriend, and I think she rarely hangs out with guys in general.

Does anyone know what does this girl want?

Ask her out in person.

Whenever we run into each other at the college cafeteria, we talk for like 15-20 minutes.When we are about to leave, she always tells me "Let me know if you want to have dinner some time." or something similar.

However, when I follow up on her suggestion and text her to have dinner with me 2-4 days later, she ignores / does not reply to my message.

She doesn't want an invitation over text. Ask her out face to face or at least a phone call.

Hm. That's certainly possible, but it seems kind of rude to me on her part, especially when she said she wanted to go out. But in any case, to eliminate any possible ambiguity, I agree that he should just ask her out in person and get a clear reply.

For god's sake, pick up a telephone and use your voice. Say the following when she answers the phone. Use your own variables.

"> would you please go to to dinner with me at Che Le Moderately Expensive Exotic Food Bistro" on Saturday at 7?"

"They make a great > and the view of the > is amazing!"

Then be quiet.

Her answer is either Yes/No, or she suggests another day.

If there is a No, then never ask again. Otherwise, you have a date.

Archived