Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: He talks nonstop about his exwife

Bronze Member

He talks nonstop about his exwife

Is it normal if someone you just met talk nonstop about his ex wife? Literally everything we do, when we're out .... and even when we're in bed, he has to bring up his ex. It's all bad stuff. He seems damaged. I like him a lot and he's a good person. He's obviously still healing. I think I should stop seeing him.
    It's not that I don't want to help, I just don't think it's healthy for me.
    I think everyone will agree but if someone sees it differently I'd be very happy to hear about it.

Also, I would like to give him some friendly advice. How can I say it without sounding insensitive? Or should I bother?

Thanks
    Last edited by LadyCaCa; 02-04-2020 at 10:23 PM.

He's not ready to date ANYONE if he's still that obsessed with his ex.

I think you should stop seeing him too. Let him 'practice' of someone else.

Platinum Member
    Iím sorry that must be really awkward. I think youíre making the best decision by stopping seeing him. It sounds like he needs more time to process his divorce.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by limichelle
    Iím sorry that must be really awkward. I think youíre making the best decision by stopping seeing him. It sounds like he needs more time to process his divorce.
    So awkward. I tried to be supportive but it just annoyed me, and then I felt bad for not being a friend.

Platinum Member
    Heís not ready to date yet. Itís unfortunate that he thinks itís okay to make the dating world his dumping ground. No one deserves that. You certainly donít. I would just respectfully and gracefully move on.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    Itís unfortunate that he thinks itís okay to make the dating world his dumping ground.
    Is there a fine line between confiding in someone and 'dumping on them'? Or is it just taboo?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    He is in no emotional space to date. Period.

Bronze Member
    I should be clear..... I said we just met, not dating exactly. He did say he was not ready for dating but he liked me and we were hanging out, and yes, sleeping together. Still I feel like I should not have had to endure that.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LadyCaCa
    Is there a fine line between confiding in someone and 'dumping on them'? Or is it just taboo?
    It depends what topic theyíre confiding about. If itís about oneís past relationships to someone theyíre currently dating, itís inappropriate and disrespectful. He should know better, but maybe heís in too much pain at the moment to realize it. But thatís not an excuse and I wouldnít accept it if I were in your place.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Well, he did tell you he wasnít ready, why pursue it then?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice