Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Woman I've dated 1 week going too fast or is it me?

If a man told me he expected more flirting after 1 week, I would probably say no to the third date. She sounds controlling, I mean she barely knows you.

Wow. If someone told me I'd better step up my game or be left in the dust after 2 dates, I'd be leaving them in the dust. Like, can you now picture yourself on this date, conjuring your plan of telling her how pretty she is, because there's a fire under your feet, and searching her face to see if that was enough for now or if you need to come up with other things to appease her?

The only men she will attract with this attitude is men with zero self esteem.

She's really pushy!!

No, it's not you, she is being forceful and demanding. Truth be told, if someone spoke to me like this, I'd tell them to go jump in a lake.

Less than a week, she is asking way, way too much. A huge red flag that you shouldn't ignore.

Sorry but she sounds like a bunny boiler type. Someone to be avoided, not dated. Two dates with a third planned, plus all the talking, texting, face timing all in a span of one week - for most people this would already feel like a blistering, suffocating pace of way too much too soon. This woman is demanding more and telling you it's not enough..... Danger danger danger....run....

I'd get busy cancelling that date if I were you. Also, be ready for some drama over that....hopefully not, but be ready to block her and be sure that you don't get sucked into arguing or changing your mind and seeing her again. In short, don't get manipulated as she might try. Use the hope for the best, be ready for the worst approach. When someone is acting crazy, it's because they are.

She's probably "very excited" and sees you as her new boyfriend already.

I knew a young woman who would go on Facebook and insist a guy put "In a relationship" with her as his status immediately. If they dated for more than a couple of weeks she would post constantly on his profile, calling herself "Wifey" and demanding he then change his status to "Engaged" to her.

Weird!

Very excited, lol...that's one way of putting it.

This woman sounds a little off her rocker, or maybe she wants a man to be kissing her butt and begging. Either way, not a good prospect at all.

Originally Posted by boltnrun

I knew a young woman who would go on Facebook and insist a guy put "In a relationship" with her as his status immediately. If they dated for more than a couple of weeks she would post constantly on his profile, calling herself "Wifey" and demanding he then change his status to "Engaged" to her.

Weird!
    .....I mean you just defined a bunny boiler......

Very excited....lmao.....how about we call a spade a spade. Might save people a whole lot of headaches and pain when we don't try to white wash psycho behavior and convince ourselves that it's not psycho but just "very excited"...... Good grief.....

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    .....I mean you just defined a bunny boiler......

Very excited....lmao.....how about we call a spade a spade. Might save people a whole lot of headaches and pain when we don't try to white wash psycho behavior and convince ourselves that it's not psycho but just "very excited"...... Good grief.....
    What?

"White wash"?

That's why I used quotes on the words "very excited". Because she isn't going to describe herself as a "bunny boiler".

Not sure where "white washing" comes in.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    What?

"White wash"?

That's why I used quotes on the words "very excited". Because she isn't going to describe herself as a "bunny boiler".

Not sure where "white washing" comes in.
    Sorry missed the "" mea culpa

That said, wasn't talking to you specifically, more that in general we all need to be careful about meeting someone we feel physically attracted to and then getting busy whitewashing some serious red flags because....well....wrong body parts are doing the thinking.....

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Sorry missed the "" mea culpa

That said, wasn't talking to you specifically, more that in general we all need to be careful about meeting someone we feel physically attracted to and then getting busy whitewashing some serious red flags because....well....wrong body parts are doing the thinking.....
    It's cool.

Also, sometimes people think this over the top behavior is nice because they think the person must really, really like them. But it's too much too soon. No one knows anyone well enough in the space of one week to be acting like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice