Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The lives of toxic / unfaithful / narcissistic people

The lives of toxic / unfaithful / narcissistic people

Hi everyone,
    So after going through a whole lot of posts here about letting things go, and working on yourself and all that... I知 left wondering, with all the souls toxic individuals hurt on their path; is there any karma?

Do you guys have any examples on how the lives of toxic individuals pan out? Does karma sting them like a ***** or do they get to go their merry way and keep up their shenanigans or do they ever grow into functional beings?

I look forward to hearing from everyone :)

Some do, some don't.

"Karma" is a concept that's been twisted into people who've been hurt hoping the people who hurt them get punished. But that's now how karma works. And hoping someone gets hurt isn't nice either.

All you can do is live your best life and enjoy the benefits. Spending time or effort hoping someone gets punished for hurting you isn't productive and is actually damaging to oneself.

Platinum Member
    I don't really keep in touch with any exes, but I do know that the most dysfunctional man I have ever dated is now married with a child. I don't have any idea what the state of the marriage is.

My general experience is that "karma" is largely a construct of our collective imagination, though. I don't necessarily believe that it plays out the way we hope it will on those who have wreaked havoc in our lives. Toxic people tend to wreak havoc no matter where they wind up, but the ones who tolerate their behaviour tend to have equally destructive issues in their own lives.

i dont believe in karma but our life generally is all about the choices that we make.

Platinum Member
    That is not how karma works. If you are speaking of people getting their's, most do not.

Instead of focusing on your ex, focus on why you stayed in the toxic situation as long as you did. Don't you think it is time to let this go!

I hope you're not still dwelling on the relationship that ended in 2017.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I hope you're not still dwelling on the relationship that ended in 2017.
    Actually, I think it was 2016.

I don't believe in the bad luck aspect of karma but I do believe that people who behave selfishly and immorally eventually will face harsh consequences in one way or another. It's bound to happen at some point. People can't get away with bad behavior forever. Eventually, some form of karma will catch up to them sooner or later. It's only a matter of time.

Unfortunately, I know several toxic individuals whose lives didn't pan out well. Even though they went their merry way after inflicting harm onto others with their toxicity, unkindness, unfaithfulness, scheming / plotting (sociopath), manipulative, narcissistic, betraying / deceitful, lying, gaslighting ways I've noticed the only "revenge" I have is knowing they're not truly happy with their lot in life. Sure, they'll continue their shenanigans but they're always unsettled, insecure and put on a fake front for the rest of the world to see. However, I know how they really are and they're unhappy and very insecure within their own skin.

In the past, I've always confronted them and I don't do that anymore. Confronting them only created a maddening circle of endless fights. I've since learned my own new techniques. Whenever anyone disrespects me, I simply enforce very strong, healthy, new boundaries. I either cut them off completely or if our paths must cross, I'm polite yet maintain a safe PERMANENT distance. It works splendidly.

Instead of karma, I withdraw and I don't do anything. My passive aggressive approach is to simply leave the relationship and keep my life moving forward. I no longer waste my time, energy and resources on people who don't deserve my attention. I've learned to walk away and keep on walking because they're NOT worth it.

I've also learned to become tough and strong. I don't allow others to feel superior to me. If they cannot and will not treat me as their equal with utmost respect, I leave the relationship. Respect must always be mutual and trust is tantamount. Without respect and unequivocal trust, all relationships are dead IMHO.

Once you learn to think clearly, you'll become a lot smarter and stronger than you ever thought you could. It's a learning process. Think long and hard. Then the light turns on and you'll never allow others to get in your way nor rob your right to enjoy your life as you see fit.

Holding grudges and ruminating about all the wrongs makes you very bitter very fast. Ok your exgf got married but sour grapes won't help that.
    Originally Posted by tetraviper
    Do you guys have any examples on how the lives of toxic individuals pan out? Does karma sting them like a ***** or do they get to go their merry way and keep up their shenanigans or do they ever grow into functional beings?

Nope, I知 not in the loop anymore... she hurt me enough times that the trust was dead.

But I had a catch up with an old friend recently and the talk of how our circle (about 10 people) grew distant came up... and a lot had got to with what she did to everyone in the social circle... both boys and girls. We all used to hang out a lot; and her impact (scales drama) led different members to deal with it in different ways... some of us repeated the same mistakes that I did and let her in more times than once and others just distances themselves from her in any form possible and that included distancing themselves from the circle. She hurt a lot of people and probably still is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice