Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He has blocked me after ending it...what do I do?

Originally Posted by Harrietsuns
    I thought I could change heís mind.
    There were times I thought he was wanting more.
    Telling me he was going to miss me etc
    It was just a total head mess.
    I wish I had played it different
    This is why it is best to not give a relationship to someone who doesn't want one. You'll be hurt EVERY TIME.

Feelings and respect do not grow from being over nurtured. IDKY. Maybe its something in the person, they don't see what you see.

When someone says, I'm broken, I can't, I don't want... anything along those lines WALK AWAY. It is not you. Its them. Its not in them. There is nothing to do but find someone who does.

The dichotomy can not be bridged at that time. Any chance of anything coming of it in the future can only be from space and no compromise on the part of the pursuer. Not showing them what they are missing.... that does not work.

Wait for a man that doesnt do this. That comes to you openly and freely. Until then protect yourself by raising your standards. Sharing a bed and snuggles etc are intimate things that SHOULD be done bc of feelings, not to cause them. If a man cannot commit to you, you do not want to grow attached to him. That's why you walk.

The truth is, he blocked you because he wanted out of this situation. Whatever it was. I'm sorry. that hurts.... The little games, the cryptic posts, etc are all just a waste of time and energy for EVERYONE.

When you expect better and don't settle, you get better. And thats the truth.

I honestly donít think I could have been a better person to him than what I was.
    I treated him well,was supportive,cared about him.
    We got on well,had fun,lots in common.
    He was attracted to me (he told me) me him.
    I couldnít of been any different but in the end that still wasnít enough.
    Nothing else I could have done.
    I have to accept he didnít want a relationship with me.
    Heís happy for me not to be in his life...so I have to be happy he isnít in mine.
    I canít sit and hope he changes his mind/misses me..it wonít happen.

Platinum Member
    Sometimes it's not about how good a partner we were, more that it was never meant to be.

Originally Posted by Harrietsuns
    I honestly donít think I could have been a better person to him than what I was.
    What has that got to do with anything? As people, it is our job to be good at it.
    I treated him well,was supportive,cared about him.
    Yes, so?
    We got on well,had fun,lots in common.
    You also had sex. None of that means he wants to be committed... It just was the dynamic of this.
    He was attracted to me (he told me) me him.
    Yes it takes some form of attraction to want to have sex with someone.
    I couldnít of been any different but in the end that still wasnít enough.
    Of stop this train of thinking. It is what it was and now it isn't anymore. It was a short relationship that is now over. You were fine before you met him and you're still fine now that he's no longer in your life. In time, you won't give him another thought unless of course you keep thinking this way and then he'll haunt you for a long time. In fact, should he ever contact you again, you'll be stupid enough to fall into his arms in the exact same dynamic because you've talked yourself into be so upset that you'll need the relief of thinking that he "wants" you will prompt you to be that stupid..
    I have to accept he didnít want a relationship with me.
    Well, ya... he did warn you of that so...
    Heís happy for me not to be in his life...so I have to be happy he isnít in mine.
    forget the first part and focus on the second part of that ^^^ statement. Have the attitude that its his loss, certainly not yours.
    I canít sit and hope he changes his mind/misses me..it wonít happen.
    Lets hope YOU don't fall back into this under the same terms (non-committal) if he does contact you. You'll be shredding your own heart if you do.

Tho it's never intentional but he used you to heal from his last relationship. He was ok with casual, no strings attached sex, FWB or whatever you want to call it. As soon as it felt serious from you, he knew he had to let go very quickly. Guys are pretty black and white with their decisions. He wasn't interested in anything serious and meant it. You didn't listen, so it bit you in the a$$. He felt pretty bad, even guilty for letting you go, knowing how hurt you were, so he was checking in to see how you were doing. As soon as he saw you happily moved on. He felt confident to delete you from his life.

You were posting AT him, not to him. Come on, it was obvious you were hoping he'd see that post and contact you, either jealous or nostalgic and wanting to reconnect. Your post meant "see what you're missing out on???" Totally transparent.

It's typical and healthy for people to disconnect from one another after a relationship (or casual dating situation) ends. He did the right thing.

Now you're totally single mentally as well as physically. Continue going out with friends, not to "show" him anything but to have fun with friends. Who knows what's around the corner for you? It's exciting!

Multiple accounts are not allowed. Thread closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice