LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need advice

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Was he exclusive with her -I flirted up a storm when I was dating different people.
    I would say there's little harm in meeting him but just don't expect it to be more than a one and done and don't expect him to keep the plan so make it convenient for yourself.
    They were far from exclusive, my friend told me it was more of a hookup thing. I don't expect that much, I honestly didn't even think I would see him again, his message caught me off guard.

Honestly? He sounds like a guy who you can't take seriously.

I mean, he had a chance with you, he knew you liked him but what did he do? He nicely rejected you and then dated another girl.
    He then decides to flirt,etc, but no actual asking you out.

It's a kind of rejection, over and over...even if you don't see it.

Why is he contacting you now? My guess is he's lonely and looking for a good time. He definitely doesn't sound like someone I would give a second thought to.

I'm not down with being someone's 2nd, or 3rd, etc etc choice.

The thing is he continued flirting with me even when he was seeing this other girl
    That should tell you clear as day what kind of guy he is.

Don't waste your time on game players like this.

Platinum Member
    Enjoy the hook up!!!
    Why not?
    He wants it, you I presume want it?

Why overthink it?

There is nothing more than that. He contacted you because you are in the area.
    He didnít contact you when he wasnít local. Even though he clearly could!

If you donít want a hook up with him , then donít meet.
    If you do then do!

6. 02-01-2020, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Billie28
    Enjoy the hook up!!!
    Why not?
    He wants it, you I presume want it?
    I don't know for sure if he wants it, he didn't imply it, but I guess you guys might be right about it. I don't know if I want to hook up with him, I still remember how it felt when he hooked up with the other girl, so I'm not sure I want to get involved with him.

If you know for a fact you're not the type who can have casual sex without developing feelings, please do yourself a favor and do not have sex with him.

I've read so many times on this forum where someone says "I don't usually do casual sex but he was being so complimentary/said nice things about me/said he really likes me so I went ahead. Now he's not responding to my texts and hasn't asked to see me again. I wish I'd followed my own rules!"

However, if you know for a fact you can have a romp in the hay and just look at it as a fun experience, I don't see why not. Just insist on condoms!

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I'm not down with being someone's 2nd, or 3rd, etc etc choice.
    Hi Sherry, I think I don't want to be his 2nd choice either, that's why I am hesitating in the first place.
    Last edited by kim42; 02-01-2020 at 03:31 PM.

You don't want to be, Kim. You're better than that and you deserve more.

You deserve a man who only has eyes for you and isn't interested in FWB with anyone. But a good and decent man who wants a serious, no nonsense relationship.

It's not this guy.

There's too many reasons why he's not the one.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    If you know for a fact you're not the type who can have casual sex without developing feelings, please do yourself a favor and do not have sex with him.

I've read so many times on this forum where someone says "I don't usually do casual sex but he was being so complimentary/said nice things about me/said he really likes me so I went ahead. Now he's not responding to my texts and hasn't asked to see me again. I wish I'd followed my own rules!"

However, if you know for a fact you can have a romp in the hay and just look at it as a fun experience, I don't see why not. Just insist on condoms!
    I'm not really a hook up type of person, I did have sex outside relationships but not with random guys from a bar. I don't think I would have feelings for this man, but I still remember what happened, and probably won't see him after all.

That's ok, if it causes this much distress just thinking about it.
    Originally Posted by kim42
    and probably won't see him after all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice