LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Social Media

Social Media

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 1.5 years now in the beginning I had asked to be Facebook friends but he just said it was complicated , he lived in a different town so I thought maybe he had like a wife he was hiding or something and didnít want to be Facebook friends because of that . Since then he has moved here where I am , he still refuses to be friends on Facebook. And I randomly found his Instagram in the suggested to follow page , he hasnít uploaded anything in a long time and I told him about finding his Instagram page and a few weeks later his Instagram was put to private. I have ignored the social media thing for quite a while , but it is a bit weird to me . When I first approached him about the whole Facebook thing and asked if he was hiding something he got really upset about me asking . Is it weird to anyone else ?

Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. So yeah, heís hiding something. Thatís a big red flag.

Yeah it sounds weird to me, who or what is he hiding? Most couples do share facebook and other social media pages. His refusal seems odd.

The fact that you cant ask him without him getting upset is the part I'd not like. I feel in healthy relationships you can ask anything, share anything, nothing is off the table to be discussed. It is after all just a conversation...

Anything short of that, yeah, no thanks. I'm not dealing with that.... I wpuld have to tell him how I feel and if he didnt give me what a deserve- the truth. then I'd end it.

At the very least, he is showing you, there is a part of his life that he won't share. Does that mean someone else? Idk. Does it mean he diesnt see a future with you and he's using you until he finds someone better? Idk.

But I'd rather know now, not later. because he's leaving either way, at some point. And I'm not anyone's placeholder. And you shouldn't be either.

It does hurt to set a boundary and stick to it. You can still like them, love them, miss them etc but until you call B.S. its on their terms. And after a year and a half, if he's not going be real with you, then when?

Yeah, itís weird. As is the way youíre describing it all. Do you think he considers you his girlfriend? Do you guys hang out as a couple, know each otherís friends and families? Curious, I admit, why the first thing youíd think is that he might have a secret wife or something along those lines. Makes me wonder how suspicious you are about him, and his being fully into you.

Platinum Member
    Have you met his friends or family?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Have you met his friends or family?
    I have met some of his friends , like the only friend of his I have met is the one that introduced us but I have never met his family

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Yeah, itís weird. As is the way youíre describing it all. Do you think he considers you his girlfriend? Do you guys hang out as a couple, know each otherís friends and families? Curious, I admit, why the first thing youíd think is that he might have a secret wife or something along those lines. Makes me wonder how suspicious you are about him, and his being fully into you.
    At the very beginning I was very suspicious about the whole Facebook thing and thatís why I thought he might have a wife he didnít want me to see as he is older than I am . But he moved away from where he stays and moved to the state Iím in so I was sure he didnít have a secret wife he was hiding . We do hangout as a couple , I only know the one friend of his who introduced us to each other , but I have never met his family .

I asked him about it once and he got really upset and I never asked him again. The odd thing is he was willing to accept a friend of mine on Facebook but not me

Platinum Member
    Yes, it's weird. You already know that, though. It's also weird that after 1.5 years, you have met practically nobody in his life.

You say he has moved to your state - does he live in your city, or another one? Do you ever go to his house, or does he just come to you? How much of an age gap is there between you two?

I am quite sure he is hiding something from you. Him getting upset is just noise meant to distract you from finding out the truth. So many red flags here.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice