LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Social Media

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Are you concerned that he has a wife/gf in his home country? Is he on a work/study visa? This gut only wanted hookups Are you sure you are dating/in a relationship?

He is still keeping you a secret from his coworkers friends and family? Sorry but you may need to end this situationship if you are long for a long term committed relationship. Being social media friends will not improve this situation.
    He is here permanently, he used to stay in a different state when we first met and he moved to the state that I am in . We do things that people would do when in a relationship, we celebrate anniversaries, go out on dates and he does claim me as his girlfriend . His siblings donít stay in same state so I have never really met them .The rest of his family is outside of the country . About his coworkers he says he doesnít really like his job so he doesnít hang out with them , so I have never met his coworkers either

Platinum Member
    Have you been to his workplace?

He only has one friend?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    You realize that you are a secret . Something is very wrong with this relationship, and he is not bringing you into his life.
    Why has this been okay for you?
    I was never bothered by the whole Facebook thing because he had proved to me in other ways that he isnít hiding something . He moved to the state Iím in to be closer to me. But I do see what you mean about me being a secret

Have you been to his workplace?

He only has one friend?
    I have been to his work place to bring him lunch , he has other friends but this one friend is someone he stays with so thatís why I have met him more times than his other friends

You are still with that awful guy that treated you like a free hooker? Does he ever take you out, or are all your dates still in the bedroom?

I don't understand why you are in this demeaning relationship! Are you that scared of being alone? I would bet money that he is married.
    Yes he does take me out , since my post from years ago , he has moved to the state Iím in , and we have gone out on multiple dates

It really comes down to this. If he simply doesn't like or isn't active on social media, it's easy enough for him to simply tell you that so you can understand where he is coming from and why he won't add you on. The fact that he got angry and hid it instead is a huge red flag. When someone hides like that, there really is only one reason for it - either he is actively cheating or he is leaving that option open for himself and very deliberately so.

Add to it that he is keeping you and your relationship in a sort of social isolation. He supposedly doesn't get along with his coworkers, so you don't interact with them, you only know the one friend, but not others, you've never met his family. Basically, all the people who could normally give you a heads up that he is doing something behind your back are conveniently out of your reach or don't know you well enough to ever speak up. A very very typical and convenient set up for cheaters.

He could be cheating with you, he could be cheating on you, or he is simply keeping that option open for now, but the bottom line is you have no way to know. For that reason, I'd exit this relationship. It wouldn't work for me.

Well put by DF.

I think your concerns about social media are just a vessel for your general concerns: about him, about this relationship. Almost two years in and youíre roughly where people are at a few weeks, a few months. That wouldnít suddenly change if he accepted a friend request, so Iíd really start thinking less about his social media and more about what youíre getting and what you want and whether those things overlap.

Platinum Member
    Have your friend look to see what he posts. My buddy was told her guy at the time didn't have FB, but she found it a year later, and he was married with kids.

Did he block you on FB or is his context limited to only friends?
    Originally Posted by tattoobunnie
    Have your friend look to see what he posts. My buddy was told her guy at the time didn't have FB, but she found it a year later, and he was married with kids.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Did he block you on FB or is his context limited to only friends?
    His content is limited to only friends

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice