LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused, or maybe just stupid

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Well, If I was her, I wouldn't give you much attention either since you used her while you secretly tried it on again with your ex. however, I'll give you some advice anyway.

Quit texting and ask her out on a proper date. If she turns you down then block and delete her so you can get over your infatuation of her and find someone who actually makes an effort to show you she's into you.

Text text text That's a bs way to court someone.
    She is 3+ hours and 4 states away, itís not that simple. Thatís why we are texting, if driving to see her was an option I would but sheís away at school, and I canít just invite myself to stay with her anymore at this point

Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    Call her, ask her out on a real date (gasp) and keep your clothes on.
    Thereís nothing Iíd love to do more than take her on a date, but she is 3 hours away, and Iím not sure what she wants, and Iím not even sure she knows what she wants. She just got out of a relationship she could want to date me, she could just want someone to talk to, she could just want something casual, she could be using me to make herself feel better and etc. If I ask her out and tell her how I feel it could scare her off, but either way, with whatís going on now, I canít make any progress with 2 hours and 12 texts a day and I donít know what to do

You do know what to do.... Stop wasting your time on her. Go out and date chicks in your area and leave her alone. She's not interested nor are you (really) if you were, you'd put yourself out there and ask for that date. If she was into you, you wouldn't scare her off so stop making excuses. We've all experienced rejection in one way or another and although it may sting, it sure won't kill you and it will certainly allow you to get over any crushing you may be doing when/if you know you're not what she's looking for.

As Wayne Gretsky said: "You lose 100% of the shots you never take."

Date local girls. This is too frustrating and complicated.
    Originally Posted by Fongule
    She is 3+ hours and 4 states away, itís not that simple.

I can't imagine there are absolutely zero attractive, fun young women who live closer than 3+ hours and 4 states away.

Originally Posted by smackie9
    have you ever heard of being a stepping stone? because that is what you are to her. She is just using you as a buffer while she heals from her breakup...kinda of getting attention to give herself an ego boost. Anyone who gets dumped feels pretty low so she's reaching out to you and probably other guys to keep her high. It's not what you think, so you better not get your hopes up. I recommend you ignore her and don't reach out. Never be the hopeless shlep being stepped on.
    - this could very well be true also. Google: Rebound relationship

Platinum Member
    Dude, you are quite obviously her Fall-Back Boy.

She is hurting from her break-up and wants attention and validation, and knew she could get that from you. It doesn't mean she has genuine feelings for you. She sounds like the type who can't stand being single so she is grasping at something to make her feel attractive and wanted. You just happen to be the guy that can supply it, until she doesn't need it anymore. She's likely not feeling quite so burned now that a few days have passed since the break-up, so she's fine not texting you all the time. The urge to fluff up her self-esteem isn't as urgent as it was last week, so she's not in constant contact anymore.

I would not count on this leading anywhere significant for you and her.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Fongule
    She is 3+ hours and 4 states away, itís not that simple. Thatís why we are texting, if driving to see her was an option I would but sheís away at school, and I canít just invite myself to stay with her anymore at this point
    In that case I wouldn't waste anymore time on this situation. You're getting nothing but scraps and crumbs from it. I'd move on to where the grass is greener, like in your own backyard.

She keeps texting you because she knows you will text her back, sounds like she needs attention. She reaches out when she needs an ego boost, ask yourself if you want to be her text buddy.

Well, Wednesday was a good day we talked all day and Video called on Snapchat all night, but then same then same thing Thursday, 2/3 texts from her in the morning then nothing since then. Think everyone was right she just wants someone to talk to, just really didnít want to believe it. Even if she texts back i wonít answer, i guess thatís the right thing to do even though it ing sucks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice