LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I too jealous?

Hello, I am back to update.
    The past months we were talking and trying to figure things out.
    Today he broke up with me telling me I am too negative. I am really sad to let go of the memories, but at the same time, I am happy he did the step.
    Even though I don't agree with the reason, at least I am free now. I was just an emotional punchbag the whole time, his friends were impolite towards me, but I needed to act always
    nice and friendly so his friends wouldn't hate me and we would spend time all together. When I stopped doing that and criticized his friends for different things, he told me I changed and he found a reason to break up. I like to be honest, and if he doesn't appreciate the honesty, then goodbye. Also there were many other things he blamed me for, so this is literally how my previous relation ended as well. Both lasted a year and both tried to blame for something I did terribly, while both of
    them were complete s towards me and I had to suck it all in. That's why I became emotionally weak. I try to fix things even if I didn't break them.

I'm glad you're out of this relationship. It wasn't good for you.

You seem to have a pattern. You go for guys who blame you for things that you are not responsible for. You then try to 'fix' everything.

You have to understand and accept that these guys are not broken. They are exactly the way they want to be: running the show, keeping you under their thumbs with guilt.

Originally Posted by Karub
    I like to be honest, and if he doesn't appreciate the honesty, then goodbye.
    Originally Posted by Karub
    I try to fix things even if I didn't break them.
    You say you like to be honest, and I believe you. But are you really being honest with yourself if you are accepting more than your fair share of responsibility? Are you being honest with yourself if you stay with someone who doesn't respect your feelings?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice