Interested or not?

Dirtytequila

So I started talking to this guy about 2 months ago. Everything went really well, we were texting every day, he added me on fb and began liking my posts and watching my story regularly. After a month of talking, we went on 2 dates back to back and it was amazing. He went to visit his family for 2 weeks. We talked the entire time. He came back and my dad had a heart attack and we met up the day of. He said he wanted to see me that following weekend and spend the entire weekend with me. He did and we slept together. It seemed to be just as good as everything else. Now, I've tried to see him 2 times in the past 2 weeks and have been told he's tired or that his friend was there and he didn't want to be rude. I've even asked him if I'm rushing him, or if I've come off too strong. He's denied it both times and continues to text me every day. He says I'm okay with him. That I can always say how I feel. He texts me first and I continue to allow it to be 1:1 texting ratio. He still likes my posts on fb. He says he's trying to save money for another vehicle and that he's frugal. We also live an hour away from each other.He did just get switched to a different camp and job, he's military and he's 23. I'm 31. He's also a very shy, awkward kind of guy. His last relationship was 2 years and he has only ever been in long term relationships. Am I overthinking this and it's just coincidental or is he not interested and I'm wasting my time?

Sorry to hear this. How did you come across this guy? Unfortunately it sounds like he just wanted some hookups. Is this a same sex relationship? Delete and block him from all social media and messaging apps. Do not use romance to escape life's difficulties.

Are you recently out of a relationship? What made you chase this young guy on fb? Leave him alone he too immature for you and doesn't want a relationship.. Instead get involved in your own real life. Join some clubs and groups, volunteer, take some classes and courses. Focus on your health and fitness.

He came back and my dad had a heart attack and we met up the day of. and we slept together. He says he's trying to save money for another vehicle and that he's frugal. he's 23. I'm 31.

No, I'm not recently out of a relationship. We met on a dating website. He's male, I'm female. He said he likes to take things slow and only prefers mature women. I'm already in the gym 5 days a week. I work and write, as well as a caregiver. I'm not exactly chasing him, I don't text him and he always texts me first.

Oh boy, there's a few reasons why he is politely trying to tell you he's not interested. But being a shy man, he no doubt doesn't want to hurt your feelings so is showing you in other ways that he's not interested.

I'm guessing that if you stop texting and stop initiating contact or making plans, that he won't either and it will just fade out.

Probably best to just let it be and don't force things. If you already had to have this kind of talk with him, he's not into this.

Now, I've tried to see him 2 times in the past 2 weeks and have been told he's tired or that his friend was there and he didn't want to be rude.

After the first time he said no, you should've left the ball in his court to ask you out. Instead, you didn't wait to gauge his interest, whether it was ongoing or fading.

At this extremely early time period in dating, hormones run wild and it's normally a lot more hot and heavy than meh, when a person is really into you. That, and the age gap at these specific ages spells this as being a relationship that will easily fade away. His brain won't even be fully formed for another 2 years. Being in the military, he will likely make another big move within the next few years, as military members rarely stay in one place for more than a few years. He's letting you fade away, so you should just totally end it because you're wasting your time.

I don't think he wants what you want out of this, OP.

He is only 23. He might be attracted older women, but that doesn't mean he's ready for the sort of relationship many of those older women will understandably want. 23 and 31 are not so far apart in terms of number of years, but you are almost surely miles apart in terms of your life stages and levels of experience. A guy that young who is still establishing himself and having fun isn't likely to make a great partner for someone your age.

I would not hold your breath for this one.

Archived