Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: My boyfriend is a slob and I'm sick of it.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you escaped this abusive Draconian environment and have gotten therapy. Thinking it's ok to destroy others property as "solution" is very sad.
    Originally Posted by kalikat
    my dad taught me this when I was a kid. Don't just shove his stuff into the corner - THROW IT AWAY!

Its not destroying anything. I didnt say "burn it" or Shred - I just said put it in the trash.
    Going thru the process of pulling it out day after day - eventually forces you to create new habits.

Platinum Member
    Its not destroying anything. I didnt say "burn it" or Shred - I just said put it in the trash.
    Going thru the process of pulling it out day after day - eventually forces you to create new habits.
    I was not a slob.
    But my ex was done with the relationship.
    He put my personal belongings in the trash (makeup, underwear, pajamas, purse that wasn't presently on my person, momentos) and picked through and kept anything perceived of value).
    That's abusive.
    I wasn't the "visiting girlfriend"
    i was the wife who was legally allowed to be there in our home.

unless its empty pizza boxes and empty kleenex boxes- actual trash -- no one should "throw" anyone's things in the trash.
    Period.

you ask that person to leave.
    If the person leaves and takes all their stuff that they want with them, leave stuff behind and you double check that they are not coming back then you can do as you please...

And illegal.
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    That's abusive.

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    That's abusive.
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    And illegal.
    I third this. Throwing someone's belongings in the trash is an act so hostile and threatening that it could be considered constructive eviction, and yes, it's not only illegal, it could be argued as criminal.

That's like saying, "I didn't burn it; the flame did." Throwing someone's things away for a truck to compact it on your behalf is very much illegal for a multitude of reasons.

And it's honestly pretty unfortunate to have to fall back on an argument of legality just to convince people not to do an overall ****ty thing.

Originally Posted by j.man
    And it's honestly pretty unfortunate to have to fall back on an argument of legality just to convince people not to do an overall ****ty thing.
    Yep. That ought to 'help' a relationship...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice