LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 years after i posted the topic 'I'm Stuck'

2 years after i posted the topic 'I'm Stuck'

It really was a roller coaster ride since i took up the courage to move out from my parents house & confronted my husband on his irresponsible behaviour.

Well now, to be more specific, my ex-husband.

I never felt so liberated, i was so trapped in the toxicity then, now im enjoying my freedom.

Im staying in a new apartment with my 3 kids, i bought a new car to accommodate for the 4 of us. I can say that im mentally healthy now. I cant lie that its exhausting taking care of my kids all alone, but its just a relief that don't have to deal with the headache of being in a one-way relationship & having to hold on to a false hope.

Im looking forward to good things that im pretty sure that its coming my way.

Excellent. Where there is hoarding there is usually mental illness and as a result of the hoarding, physical diseases. There is also poverty/debt associated with that behavior. Make sure you get a child support order so they garnish his wages before he gambles it away.
    Originally Posted by momoa
    Im staying in a new apartment with my 3 kids, i bought a new car to accommodate for the 4 of us. I can say that im mentally healthy now. Im looking forward to good things that im pretty sure that its coming my way.

Congratz! You just proved to yourself, with strength and determination, you received great reward...your independence!

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Excellent. Where there is hoarding there is usually mental illness and as a result of the hoarding, physical diseases. There is also poverty/debt associated with that behavior. Make sure you get a child support order so they garnish his wages before he gambles it away.
    That is so true about the hoarding part, i just cant prove a point to my mum on how this hoarding behaviour is affecting her asthma. But still, i cant stop trying.

Right now im in the process of child custody & next the support. Hope everything goes well.

Appreciate that you took the time to read my previous post. Means a lot for someone that is adapting to changes

Originally Posted by smackie9
    Congratz! You just proved to yourself, with strength and determination, you received great reward...your independence!
    This just made me smile thank you.

What an awesome update! Very happy for you, keep it up.

Platinum Member
    Whoo hoo!!!

Glad you're doing well, momoa.

My mother was a young single parent. She worked 3 jobs 7 days a week and raised 3 kids all by herself. My mother was made out of steel. If she could do it, so can you.

As you know hoarders are very combative and addicted to their junk/mess. It is their way of being controlling forcing everyone to live with their chaos and clutter. It's best not to get into those conversations. Be thankful you and your children can live in a healthy environment you are now providing for them. Good job.
    Originally Posted by momoa
    That is so true about the hoarding part, i just cant prove a point to my mum on how this hoarding behaviour is affecting her asthma. But still, i cant stop trying.

CongrAts! Keep up the move forward, but incorporate some resting into your daily life. It's hard to cut out time for it, but get creative and take good care of yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice