Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asked for my number, but no text?

He could have also met someone else the same night. Work on you self-confidence, why should he be out of your league?

I agree with everyone else. Buddy was hoping to get laid and when you said you didnt want to go to his place, he knew he struck out, so he has moved on. So should you. Dont get so wrapped up in a random stranger you meet in a bar, he sounds like he does this shtick on a regular basis, he's well rehearsed.

If you don't hear from him by the weekend, just chalk it up as having a real good time, and relish it for a few days. Move on.

One of my coworkers met a woman who worked for the catering company at an event he was working. They had great conversation and at the end of the event he asked for her number. She wrote it down on a piece of paper. On the way home somehow the piece of paper flew out the window of his car. Super freak thing. He was already almost an hour from the event location but he turned his car around and drove all the way back, hoping she'd still be there. Fortunately she was and he explained what happened and asked politely if he could get her number again. She laughed and complied.

Today they are married. Cute story.

But the point is, my coworker sincerely liked this woman and wanted to see her, so he made a big effort to get her number (twice!) and contact her for a date right away.

He'll contact you if he really likes you and wants to see you. If he doesn't contact you, oh well. No big loss since just a few short days ago you didn't even know he existed.

And I recommend dialing back the drinking. No need to drink so much you can't remember things on a night out.

Platinum Member
    In the 1980s when I was 19, I dated a guy for over a year who was too shy to ask for my number (we met at a restaurant for dinner with mutual friends), remembered that I had pointed out the office building in which I worked and that I worked at a day care center, looked up in the yellow pages the name of the center and called me at work three days later, only knowing my first name. By then even though I liked him I'd forgotten all about him-moved on - and almost hung up on him on the landline phone until he reminded me again who he was. Yes, people will make the effort if they want to contact.

Platinum Member
    He sounds like a player- asking for your number 5 minutes in is a red flag.. I think he just wanted to get laid.

I think your answer/writing on the wall was when he invited you back to his place. If he had your best interest in mind, he would have contacted you and set up a date.

JMO...

If he continues to ignore you, there is your answer. He has since moved onto his next conquest.

You're better off without him!

It's fine to go to clubs and flirt, but do not let random guys paw you up. It's not a sign of attraction, it's a sign of horny and disrespectful. Relax and get to know someone and if they ask for a date/your number great. Better yet don't go to clubs/bars to meet men.
    Originally Posted by cwags
    he started getting touchy. Putting his hand on my leg, tickling me, grabbing my head and kissing it before he left. We were both not being shy with the physical contact.

Were his acts of physical affection solely because he wanted to get laid, or is there a possibility that he is attracted to me beyond that? .

Platinum Member
    He's well-practiced at this, OP.

Asking for your number within minutes of meeting you, tickling you, kissing your head, claiming he doesn't usually connect with people in this manner, trying to take you to his buddy's - this has player written all over it. He knows just what to say and do to have women eating out the palm of his hand.

He might contact you, but I'd be wary of this one. He seems a bit too smooth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice