Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend has a gun and He says I need to accept him if I want to be with him

Platinum Member
    You donít trust him whether he has a gun or not!?

And since he has displayed violence toward you , why do you care if he has a gun or not?

My biggest question is why have you moved your kid into this , regardless of the gun??

If you choose to continue to see him , ask him to keep the gun!
    Your death and your kids death will be so much less painful and instant than being bludgeoned or stabbed.

What are you going to do?

A) Continue to see him and put your son in that situation with a gun

B) Continue to see him and put your son in that situation without a gun (or at least that you know of)

Or

C) Leave a guy that exhibits violence and is volatile and remove your son from that situation. Regardless of gun or no gun.

Itís entirely up to you and the risk that you are willing to take. Unfortunately your kid doesnít get to choose. But have you asked him??

He may have the right to bear guns, but you also have the right to not be involved with someone who bears guns. Who cares if you are the only woman who doesn't like her man to have a gun. That is bullying tactics.

Walk away.

Stop the inane political arguments. Being in an abusive relationship with someone who has firearms puts you and your son at an even higher risk for homicide. Get yourself and your son to safety. Why are you putting your child in harm's way for a man like this? How irresponsible and selfish.

Get a restraining order. When a restraining order is issued, in most jurisdictions, the firearms are taken into police custody. Precisely because of the statistically higher risk of homicide when abuse and firearms are both present.
    Originally Posted by angy864
    My son had witness some of his rages and he kicked us out of his house (one night I had to take my kid and go to a hotel).... so the last time he was going crazy scaring me and my kid. he is now choosing having a gun over being with me.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    Kinda thinking the gun is the least of your worries here.
    That's exactly what I thought! The guy is both a physical and emotional abuser! And he's a stalker too because you broke up and he won't leave you alone! Do you want him to hurt your son too? I personally think you should file a restraining order against him. He sounds very unstable and dangerous.

Regarding guns, I live in Australia and they're illegal here. So I must admit that I'm against them because we don't have them in our culture. I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone who owned a gun either. That's just how I feel personally.

Educate yourself on domestic violence and what you are doing to your child: [Register to see the link]

"When an abusive partner has access to firearms, statistics show that domestic violence is more likely to turn deadly. According to research published in the American Journal of Public Health, the presence of a gun in domestic violence situations increases the risk of homicide for women by 500 percent. More than half of women murdered with guns are killed by family members or intimate partners."

Thank you for taking time reading me and your valuable advice.

Thank you for your advice and time. I appreciate it.

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

Thank you for your advice. I am heartbroken again but I NEED TO HEAR THE TRUTH I KNOW ALREADY FROM OTHER PEOPLE! It gives me strength! Thanks

Originally Posted by angy864
    Thank you for your advice. I am heartbroken again but I NEED TO HEAR THE TRUTH I KNOW ALREADY FROM OTHER PEOPLE! It gives me strength! Thanks
    Have you heard it enough times yet? I sure hope so.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice