Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with girlfriend family crap

I think she is the only one doing anything for her mother right now. My mother lost her leg last year in February due to medical malpractice and being an only child I know the stress but my father is there and if he was not she has friends and just started walking with her new prosthetic leg. My girlfriend's father never told her mother how to do anything she doesn't know how to pay bills she doesn't know how to do laundry all she knows how to do is wait on him hand and foot and this is per her and I told her this is the future of headaches for you if you're going to take this task and by yourself.

I think I just need others to understand that for the past 5 years I truly did my best to be a father to my daughter. I love every minute when my daughter hugs me and tells me " I love you daddy " but I am missing love myself.

I often meet women but all seem very selfish and carefree. I just want someone who will love me for me and eventually even love my daughter.

You are very right.

She complains all the time about how her brother neglects his children. My question to her is then why do you feel obligated to watch his children? I think that she has a problem because she cannot have children and then I have a daughter.

I am very upset with myself for introducing her to my daughter after about six months of dating her because my daughter has formed a bond with her already.

I have been very good to her and her situation with her father I am a paramedic but my cousin is a pathologist and I have another cousin that is a surgeon every time she has a problem she called me I give her information so she knows what they are talking about because sometimes doctors don't tell them and she calls me last week I am the best man she's ever met she loves me she can't live without me and then all of a sudden it all stops!'n

She said boltnrun that she was understanding of this from the start. My daughter and her have had many smiles together but she is very carefree in her life and think she may have issues from her divorce over 10 years ago.

She had started a new job back in August and was stressed because she had to actually get up and go to work.

I think she may have alcoholic tendencies and my family told me this on Christmas that she guzzled 6 glasses if wine and two glasses of Hendricks and soda.

I posted earlier and I meant to post to your response catfeeder. I really was hopeful and very happy when I met her and I don't know what more I can do to show her that I love her I have been there for her father I have been there when ever she had problems at her work but every now and then I may have a problem and I need her help and obviously it's too much to ask that of her.

I am just a man who would actually love to find that right woman. I know nobody is totally perfect but I see many good women who understand and accept single fathers.

I would love to find a partner with kids or without and if she had kids that is a plus to me as I love helping others and kids ste the future for sure.

Originally Posted by Jimbo251
    I am just a man who would actually love to find that right woman. I know nobody is totally perfect but I see many good women who understand and accept single fathers.

I would love to find a partner with kids or without and if she had kids that is a plus to me as I love helping others and kids ste the future for sure.
    Good! So how does stagnating around this woman only to complain about her advance that goal?

We never get any wasted time back again for do-overs.

Nobody can move your focus forward FOR you. That's up to you.

Head high, and work toward what you DO want instead of spinning around what you don't.

Being there for your father or mother is imperative. My mother had lost her leg last February and I am an only child. If my father was not here I would do as much as I can but being a firefighter I cannot be there every day.

Both her brother and sister should be able to share some Responsibility!!!!!

They both live off her father and mother in my opinion is this why should she have to take on the burden of everything when there are two other siblings!

Silver Member
    The way I read your situation:

Your girlfriend is helping out her parents so much because she most likely feels she needs to as they are her parents and it's her duty as a daughter. My guess is that she wouldn't be okay if her parents, who are going through some tough times, weren't taken care of. Since her siblings aren't helping out, the entire responsibility falls on her. Someone has to do it.

I also sense that she's devoting so much time on her parents that I'm betting she has barely any time for herself.

Could she have better boundaries, not take so much on, stop being a nanny for her brother's child and so on? Sure. Why isn't she doing that? I don't know. But that's how she rolls. Also, her drinking too much is a red flag. Unfortunately, that's the reality at present.

Where do you fit into all of this? Are you a priority in her life? Is she the right woman for you? I feel you need to speak with her and sort this out.

PS: Sorry to hear about your mother losing her leg.

You've listed so many complaints about her.

So my question is...why do you want to continue this relationship?

Is it because you fear you won't find anyone else?

Thank you very much greendots. Being an only child I followed my father to being a firefighter but my mother was one of the most important people in my life and she still is. It was devastating watching her go through that last year over something stupid as medical Negligence it's really kind of like a blur.

It is really cute though to see my daughter push my mother and help my mother get in and out of the wheelchair been only 5 1/2 years old. I am so proud of my daughter I would say her name and I don't mean to use the word my daughter as if she's only mine because she is my ex girlfriends as well but I am so proud of her because she has such compassion for people with disabilities. I have been a firefighter for 22 years now and I have seen a lot of stuff in my life some good some bad but the love of a parent to his or her child is the most satisfying feeling of all.

My daughter asked me today what was wrong with me I seemed a little sad as I picked her up and took her out to eat I just told her I was tired and she told me but daddy you look sad and not tired as I had seen you tired before and I just smiled and sad if I was sad before you sure cured it!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice