Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My mom and my girlfriend dislike each other - and it hurts me so much

I don't see that he's "fearful" to talk to her just that he's waiting for the right time, perhaps when he plans his next visit to see his mom and she declines to go with him or some such. To just spring it on her, may not go so well... he needs to have a reason to tell her that she needs to put in more effort and that if she wants to be made to feel more accepted then she has to be more accepting. Just my vibe on it.

I mean, I don't know the girlfriend, but it seems like she was the one far more upset than anyone else in this scenario.

The Mom seems obliging, but I felt as though OP wasn't keen on bringing up the situation again to the gf because she seems like she's going to get angry again.

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I mean, I don't know the girlfriend, but it seems like she was the one far more upset than anyone else in this scenario.

The Mom seems obliging, but I felt as though OP wasn't keen on bringing up the situation again to the gf because she seems like she's going to get angry again.
    Well, she likely will which is a very good reason to wait to bring it up until he actually has to. If I were him, I would talk to her about it when she balks about going with him to visit mom. She has said she won't go with him again. Now, if he has gone to visit mom since and she refused to go, well then yes, he's afraid to communicate with her because he should have been honest with her when the opportunity presented itself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice