Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

An app for couples?

Guest validnot

Guest validnot

Hi! Do you use any relationship app?

I have seen a lot of them, but they aimed for private messaging, setting special dates, providing quizzes to know each other better, that's all.

I with my girlfriend needed some other app where we could track our relationship problems - write them and keep eyes on problems (e.g. I did't help my partner to clean a house; am I helping her now? Is this problem diminished or we should talk about it again?).

Also, would be great to track relationship atmosphere like a daily mood: did we brawl on the previous week? If so, then we can set "bad" relationship for that day and so on. Then, the app will show us statistics in charts (average relationship atmosphere for the previous month, week), thus we could analyze and understand where we're going.

What do you think? Will it be useful for you? What else would be great to have?

Guest validnot

Real communication is a key, The app shouldn't replace it, only to help each other to keep track of problems and track a relationship "atmosphere". Therefore, you can make a retrospective session with your soulmate to analyze what progress exactly you have this week/month and what could be improved more.

It's a cool idea, but I don't think it's necessary. If your relationship has reached a point of resentment and needing an app to check up on each other doing chores or what not, then the relationship is doomed in my opinion. Also I think people are more likely to fill it in when frustrated and things aren't going so well. Again like seraphim maybe I'm a little older than your intended market, which I assume is kids and early 20s? I'm 29, if that helps with your research.

If you need an apps to monitor your relationship, you would be better of with some couples therapy if you want to stay in this relationship. An app is just another layer of distancing yourselves from real communication...

I with my girlfriend needed some other app where we could track our relationship problems - write them and keep eyes on problems (e.g. I did't help my partner to clean a house; am I helping her now?

There was an app like this for couples presented on a recent Shark Tank show -to track who is in the mood for sex. Yes bad idea.

If you want to keep track of issues that have been resolved/need resolving -here is what I would do. I'd do this for myself only. Come up with an acronym of a recurring issues - like HC for housecleaning. Let's say on a Monday you have a conflict in that category. And it's not resolved or you come up with a plan and you plan to discuss it in a couple of days. Use the "reminder" feature on your phone and write "discuss HC" or whatever it is you promised to do in a specific time period.

As far as keeping track of the statistics etc I think it's mostly useless. If you typically argue when um she has PMS or if Monday mornings are particularly challenging -you will know that -it will be obvious. If it's not that obvious then who cares. It may give you a false sense of security if you see that in a certain month you didn't argue or you quickly resolved issues that used to take a long time or it may lead to negativity if your grades/percentages are not so good.

Here's what I would do. Every night before you go to sleep come up with three things (in your own head) you are grateful for. If it's been a particularly hard relationship day for you make sure one of those things has to do with something good about the relationship.

Archived