Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling it's all on me.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by tattoobunnie
    Oh, I totally overlooked that it was 3 kids...oh, nevermind. You'd be looking at close to $2500/month for just daycare/preschool/aftercare, that's not including babysitting money when their school is closed. So that $30k a year. Last I check, taking care of 3 kids under 6 is super duper hard.

Technically, SAHM's do about $162,000 worth of work annually for 96 hours a week. And on call 24/7, 365 days a years with no sick days
    - Cleaning
    - Cooking
    - Chauffeuring
    - Carpooling
    - Childcare
    - Finance
    - Activities Coordinator
    - Project Management
    - Laundry
    - Shopping
    - At home therapist
    - Educator
    - Raising future leaders

So, really, instead of griping that you can't do this or that, and are pinching pennies, try putting yourself in her shoes, and say, "thank you!"
    I agree and also on the 24/7 part -even if they are good sleepers kids get sick fairly often, unfortunately so then she is on call most of the night, too.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by tattoobunnie
    Oh, I totally overlooked that it was 3 kids...oh, nevermind. You'd be looking at close to $2500/month for just daycare/preschool/aftercare, that's not including babysitting money when their school is closed. So that $30k a year. Last I check, taking care of 3 kids under 6 is super duper hard.

Technically, SAHM's do about $162,000 worth of work annually for 96 hours a week. And on call 24/7, 365 days a years with no sick days
    - Cleaning
    - Cooking
    - Chauffeuring
    - Carpooling
    - Childcare
    - Finance
    - Activities Coordinator
    - Project Management
    - Laundry
    - Shopping
    - At home therapist
    - Educator
    - Raising future leaders

So, really, instead of griping that you can't do this or that, and are pinching pennies, try putting yourself in her shoes, and say, "thank you!"
    This is actually not a very helpful post as the OP is dealing with feeling he is nothing more that a wallet and not feeling part of the family. Most of the posts here are not terribly helpful. How does conversation become more constructive how are issues resolved in a relationship? Well not through political talking points. Maybe his wife is dealing with issues, but she didn't come to this forum for help. Its not the wife that needs defending from what I can tell, he came here for help.

Platinum Member
    Win the lottery? Become the stay at home dad while she works? Part of being a parent is making choices for the family. The question is does it make fiscal sense for both to work? Because the 3 kids still need childcare.

Every parent with young kids with a mortgage feel bills breathing down their neck. It's the same for everyone. Sometimes a change in attitude and gratitude, and the horizontal mambo makes all the difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice